- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 237463, 10 pages
Analysis for Resolution of Bistatic SAR Configuration with Geosynchronous Transmitter and UAV Receiver
Research Institute of Electronic Engineering Technology, Harbin Institute of Technology,
Number 714, Harbin 150001, China
Received 31 October 2012; Accepted 4 January 2013
Academic Editor: Gui Gao
Copyright © 2013 Yicheng Jiang and Zhuoqun Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Edelstein, S. Madsen, A. Moussessian, and C. Chen, “Concepts and technologies for synthetic aperture radar from MEO and geosynchronous orbits,” in Enabling Sensor and Platform Technologies for Spaceborne Remote Sensing, Processing of SPIE, pp. 195–203, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, November 2004.
- Z. Yu, J. Chen, C. Li, Z. Li, and Y. Zhang, “Concepts, properties and imaging technologies for GEOSAR,” in MIPPR 2009: Multispectral Image Acquisition and Processing, vol. 7494 of Processing of SPIE, pp. 1–7, 2009.
- M. Andraschko, J. Antol, R. Baize et al., “The potential for hosted payloads at NASA,” in IEEE Aerospace Conference, pp. 1–12, Big Sky, Mt, USA, March 2012.
- C. Prati, F. Rocca, D. Giancola, and A. M. Guarnieri, “Passive geosynchronous SAR system reusing backscattered digital audio broadcasting signals,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1973–1976, 1998.
- “Global Earthquake Satellite System, a 20 year plan to enable earthquake prediction, 2003,” NASA, JPL, May 2005, http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/.
- D. Bruno, S. E. Hobbs, and G. Ottavianelli, “Geosynchronous synthetic aperture radar: concept design, properties and possible applications,” Acta Astronautica, vol. 59, no. 1–5, pp. 149–156, 2006.
- G. Krieger and A. Moreira, “Spaceborne bi- and multistatic SAR: potential and challenges,” IEE Proceedings: Radar, Sonar and Navigation, vol. 153, no. 3, pp. 184–186, 2006.
- J. R. Rodon, A. Broquetas, A. M. Guarnieri, and F. Rocca, “Atmospheric phase screen retrieval from GEOSAR long term acquisition,” in Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar (EUSAR '12), pp. 79–82, Nuremberg, Germany, April 2012.
- J. Ruiz, A. Broquetas, A. Monti, and F. Rocca, “A Ku-band geosynchronous synthetic aperture radar mission analysis with medium transmitted power and medium-sized antenna,” in IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS '11), pp. 2456–2459, Vancouver, Canada, July 2011.
- G. L. Guttrich, W. E. Sievers, and N. M. Tomljanovich, “Wide area surveillance concepts based on geosynchronous illumination and bistatic unmanned airborne vehicles or satellite reception,” in Proceedings of the IEEE National Radar Conference, pp. 126–131, May 1997.
- J. Palmer, S. Palumbo, A. Summers, D. Merrett, and S. Howard, “DSTO's experimental geosynchronous satellite based PBR,” in International Radar Conference on Surveillance for a Safer World (RADAR '09), pp. 1–6, December 2009.
- L. Lei, Y. Zhou, J. Li, and B. Sun, “Synchronization of GEO spaceborne-airborne bistatic SAR,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS '08), vol. 3, pp. 1209–1211, July 2008.
- J. Wang, Y. Wang, R. Chen, and J. Ge, “Research on the ground resolution of bistatic forward-looking SAR with geostationary illuminator and UAV receiver,” in Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar (EUSAR '12), pp. 567–570, Nuremberg, Germany, April 2012.
- T. Zeng, M. Cherniakov, and T. Long, “Generalized approach to resolution analysis in BSAR,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 461–474, 2005.
- A. Moccia and A. Renga, “Spatial resolution of bistatic synthetic aperture radar: impact of acquisition geometry on imaging performance,” IEEE Trransactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 3487–3503, 2011.
- R. Wang, O. Loffeld, Y. L. Neo et al., “Focusing bistatic SAR data in airborne/stationary configuration,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 452–465, 2010.
- R. Wang, O. Loffeld, Q. Ul-Ann, H. Nies, A. M. Ortiz, and A. Samarah, “A bistatic point target reference spectrum for general bistatic SAR processing,” IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 517–521, 2008.
- F. H. Wong, I. G. Cumming, and Y. L. Neo, “Focusing bistatic SAR data using the nonlinear chirp scaling algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 2493–2505, 2008.
- F. H. Wong and T. S. Yeo, “New applications of nonlinear chirp scaling in SAR data processing,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 946–953, 2001.
- D. Bruno and S. E. Hobbs, “Radar imaging from geosynchronous orbit: temporal decorrelation aspects,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 2924–2929, 2010.
- I. Walterscheid, T. Espeter, A. R. Brenner et al., “Bistatic SAR experiments with PAMIR and TerraSAR-X-setup, processing, and image results,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 3268–3279, 2010.