- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 245960, 7 pages
Glass Superstrate Nanoantennas for Infrared Energy Harvesting Applications
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Yeditepe University, 34755 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 6 September 2012; Accepted 27 November 2012
Academic Editor: Xianying Wang
Copyright © 2013 Isa Kocakarin and Korkut Yegin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Alda, J. M. Rico-García, J. M. López-Alonso, and G. Boreman, “Optical antennas for nano-photonic applications,” Nanotechnology, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. S230–S234, 2005.
- P. Muehlschlegel, H. J. Eisler, O. J. F. Martin, B. Hecht, and D. W. Pohl, “Resonant optical antennas,” Science, vol. 308, no. 5728, pp. 1607–1609, 2005.
- P. Bharadwaj, B. Deutsch, and L. Novotny, “Optical antennas,” Advances in Optics and Photonics, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 438–483, 2009.
- L. Novotny and N. van Hulst, “Antennas for light,” Nature Photonics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 83–90, 2011.
- V. Giannini, A. I. Fernandez-Dominguez, S. C. Heck, and S. A. Maier, “Plasmonic nanoantennas: fundamentals and their use in controlling the radiative properties of nanoemitters,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 111, no. 6, pp. 3888–3912, 2011.
- M. Midrio, S. Boscolo, A. Locatelli, D. Modotto, C. de Angelis, and A. D. Capobianco, “Flared monopole antennas for 10 μm energy harvesting,” in Proceedings of the European Microwave Conference (EuMC '10), pp. 1496–1499, September 2010.
- M. Midrio, M. Romagnoli, S. Boscolo et al., “Flared monopole antennas for 10 μm radiation,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 84–91, 2011.
- L. Wang, S. M. Uppuluri, E. X. Jin, and X. Xu, “Nanolithography using high transmission nanoscale bowtie apertures,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 361–364, 2006.
- A. Sundaramurthy, P. J. Schuck, N. R. Conley, D. P. Fromm, G. S. Kino, and W. E. Moerner, “Toward nanometer-scale optical photolithography: utilizing the near-field of bowtie optical nanoantennas,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 355–360, 2006.
- M. Heiblum, S. Wang, J. R. Whinnery, and T. K. Gustafson, “Characteristics of integrated MOM junction at dc and at optical frequencies,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 159–169, 1978.
- A. Sanchez, C. F. Davis Jr., K. C. Liu, and A. Javan, “The MOM tunneling diode: theoretical estimate of its performance at microwave and infrared frequencies,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 5270–5277, 1978.
- I. Wilke, W. Herrmann, and F. K. Kneubühl, “Integrated nanostrip dipole antennas for coherent 30 THz infrared radiation,” Applied Physics B, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 87–95, 1994.
- S. K. Masalmeh, H. K. E. Stadermann, and J. Korving, “Mixing and rectification properties of MIM diodes,” Physica B, vol. 218, no. 1–4, pp. 56–59, 1996.
- F. J. Gonzales, B. Ilic, J. Alda, and G. D. Boreman, “Antenna-coupled infrared detectors for imaging applications,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 117–120, 2005.
- P. C. D. Hobbs, R. B. Laibowitz, and F. R. Libsch, “Ni–NiO–Ni tunnel junctions for terahertz and infrared detection,” Applied Optics, vol. 44, no. 32, pp. 6813–6822, 2005.
- P. C. D. Hobbs, R. B. Laibowitz, F. R. Libsch, N. C. LaBianca, and P. P. Chiniwalla, “Efficient waveguide-integrated tunnel junction detectors at 1.6 μm,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 25, pp. 16376–16389, 2007.
- C. Fumeaux, W. Herrmann, F. K. Kneubühl, and H. Rothizen, “Nanometer thin-film Ni–NiO–Ni diodes for detection and mixing of 30 THz radiation,” Infrared Physics & Technology, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 123–183, 1998.
- S. Krishnan, H. la Rosa, E. Stefanakos, S. Bhansali, and K. Buckle, “Design and development of batch fabricatable metal-insulator-metal diode and microstrip slot antenna as rectenna elements,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 142, no. 1, pp. 40–47, 2008.
- F. Z. Gonzales and G. D. Boreman, “Comparison of dipole, bowtie, spiral and log-periodic IR antennas,” Infrared Physics & Technology, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 418–428, 2005.
- J. A. Bean, B. Tiwari, G. Szakmány, G. H. Bernstein, P. Fay, and W. Porod, “Antenna length and polarization response of antenna-coupled MOM diode infrared detectors,” Infrared Physics and Technology, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 182–185, 2010.
- C. Middlebrook, P. Krenz, B. Lail, and G. Boreman, “Infrared phased array antenna,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 719–723, 2008.
- C. Middlebrook, M. Roggemann, G. Boreman et al., “Measurement of the mutual coherence function of an incoherent infrared field with a gold nano-wire dipole antenna array,” International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 179–187, 2008.
- T. A. Mandviwala, B. A. Lail, and G. D. Boreman, “Infrared-frequency coplanar striplines: design, fabrication, and measurements,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 17–20, 2005.
- J. Wen, S. Romanov, and U. Peschel, “Excitation of plasmonic gap waveguides by nanoantennas,” Optics Express, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 5925–5932, 2009.
- A. Kinkhabwala, Z. Yu, S. Fan, Y. Avlasevich, K. Müllen, and W. E. Moerner, “Large single-molecule fluorescence enhancements produced by a bowtie nanoantenna,” Nature Photonics, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 654–657, 2009.
- L. Novotny, “Effective wavelength scaling for optical antennas,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 98, no. 26, Article ID 266802, 4 pages, 2007.
- R. D. Grober, R. J. Schoelkopf, and D. E. Prober, “Optical antenna: towards a unity efficiency near-field optical probe,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 70, no. 11, pp. 1354–1356, 1997.
- P. J. Burke, S. Li, and Z. Yu, “Quantitative theory of nanowire and nanotube antenna performance,” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 314–334, 2006.
- H. Fischer and O. J. F. Martin, “Engineering the optical response of plasmonic nanoantennas,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 9144–9154, 2008.
- M. L. Brongersma, “Plasmonics: engineering optical nanoantennas,” Nature Photonics, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 270–272, 2008.