- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 282373, 6 pages
A Novel Ultrawideband Planar Inverted-F Antenna with Capacitive Ground Plane
School of Electronic Engineering, Xidian University, Xi’an 710071, China
Received 30 December 2012; Revised 30 March 2013; Accepted 6 April 2013
Academic Editor: Tzyh-Ghuang Ma
Copyright © 2013 Haixia Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. S. Kuo and K. L. Wong, “Dual frequency operation of planar inverted L antenna with tapered patch width,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 126–127, 2001.
- K. L. Wong and Y. F. Lin, “Small broadband rectangular microstrip antenna with chip-resistor loading,” Electronics Letters, vol. 33, no. 19, pp. 1593–1594, 1997.
- D. M. Nashaat, H. A. Elsadek, and H. Ghali, “Single feed compact quad-band PIFA antenna for wireless communication applications,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 2631–2635, 2005.
- Y. J. Cho, S. H. Hwang, and S. O. Park, “A dual-band internal antenna with a parasitic patch for mobile handsets and the consideration of the handset case and battery,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 429–432, 2005.
- F. Wang, Z. Du, and Q. Wang, “Enhanced-bandwidth PIFA with T-shaped ground plane,” Electronics Letters, vol. 40, no. 23, pp. 1504–1505, 2004.
- C. Picher, J. Anguera, A. Cabedo, C. Puente, and S. Kahng, “Multiband handset antenna using slots on the ground plane: considerations to facilitate the integration of the feeding transmission line,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research C, vol. 7, pp. 95–109, 2009.
- M. F. Abedin and M. Ali, “Modifying the ground plane and its effect on planar inverted-F antennas (PIFAs) for mobile phone handsets,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 2, pp. 226–229, 2003.
- P. Salonen, M. Keskilammi, and M. Kivikoski, “Single-feed dual-band planar inverted-F antenna with U-shaped slot,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 1262–1264, 2000.
- R. Hossa, A. Byndas, and M. E. Bialkowski, “Improvement of compact terminal antenna performance by incorporating open-end slots in ground plane,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 283–285, 2004.
- K. L. Wong, Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- J. Anguera, I. Sanz, A. Sanz et al., “Enhancing the performance of handset antennas by means of groundplane design,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Antenna Technology: Small Antennas and Novel Metamaterials (IWAT '06), pp. 29–32, White Plains, NY, USA, March 2006.
- A. Byndas, R. Hossa, M. E. Bialkowski, and P. Kabacik, “Investigations into operation of single- and multi-layer configurations of planar inverted-F antenna,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 22–33, 2007.
- A. Cabedo, J. Anguera, C. Picher, M. Ribó, and C. Puente, “Multiband handset antenna combining a PIFA, slots, and ground plane modes,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 2526–2533, 2009.
- A. R. Razali and M. E. Bialkowski, “Coplanar inverted-F antenna with open-end ground slots for multiband operation,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 8, pp. 1029–1032, 2009.
- J. Anguera, I. Sanz, J. Mumbrú, and C. Puente, “Multiband handset antenna with a parallel excitation of PIFA and slot radiators,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 348–356, 2010.
- J. Anguera and A. Andújar, “Ground plane contribution in wireless handheld devices using radar cross section analysis,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research M, vol. 26, pp. 101–114, 2012.
- M. A. Peyrot-Solis, G. M. Galvan-Tejada, and H. Jardon-Aguilar, “A novel planar UWB monopole antenna formed on a printed circuit board,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 933–935, 2006.
- D. Sievenpiper, High-impedance electromagnetic surfaces [Ph.D. dissertation], Department of Electrical Engineering, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, 1999.