- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 350167, 7 pages
Experimental UWB Propagation Channel Path Loss and Time-Dispersion Characterization in a Laboratory Environment
1Electromagnetic Radiation Group (ERG), Universitat Politècnica de València, 46022 Valencia, Spain
2Escuela de Ingeniería Electrónica, Universidad Pedagógica y Tecnológica de Somagoso, Somagoso, Colombia
Received 4 December 2012; Revised 1 March 2013; Accepted 11 March 2013
Academic Editor: Ahmed A. Kishk
Copyright © 2013 Lorenzo Rubio et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Federal Communications Commission, “Revision of part 15 of the commission's rules regarding ultra-wideband transmission systems: first report and order,” Tech. Rep. FCC 02-48, Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC, USA, 2002.
- A. F. Molisch, “Ultra-wide-band propagation channels,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 353–371, 2009.
- M. Ghavami, L. B. Michael, and R. Kohno, Ultra Wideband, Signals and Systems in Communications Engineering, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- I. Oppermann, M. Hamalainen, J. Linatti, and J., UWB Theory and Applications, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- A. F. Molisch, D. Cassioli, C. C. Chong et al., “A comprehensive standardized model for ultrawideband propagation channels,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 3151–3166, 2006.
- C. C. Chong and S. K. Yong, “A generic statistical-based UWB channel model for high-rise apartments,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 8 I, pp. 2389–2399, 2005.
- A. F. Molisch, J. R. Foerster, and M. Pendergrass, “Channel models for ultrawideband personal area networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 14–21, 2003.
- J. Ahmadi-Shokouh and R. C. Qiu, “Ultra-wideband (UWB) communications channel measurements—a tutorial review,” International Journal of Ultra Wideband Communications and Systems, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 11–31, 2009.
- D. Cassioli, M. Z. Win, A. F. Molisch, and F. Vatalaro, “Low complexity Rake receivers in ultra-wideband channels,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 1265–1274, 2007.
- J. D. Parsons, The Mobile Radio Propagation Channel, Wiley, London, UK, 2nd edition, 2000.
- J. A. Dabin, A. M. Haimovich, and H. Grebel, “A statistical ultra-wideband indoor channel model and the effects of antenna directivity on path loss and multipath propagation,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 24, no. 4 I, pp. 752–758, 2006.
- K. Siwiak, H. Bertoni, and S. M. Yano, “Relation between multipath and wave propagation attenuation,” Electronics Letters, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 142–143, 2003.
- A. Durantini and D. Cassioli, “A multi-wall path loss model for indoor UWB propagation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 61st IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '05), vol. 1, pp. 30–34, June 2005.
- W. Ciccognani, A. Durantini, and D. Cassioli, “Time domain propagation measurements of the UWB indoor channel using PN-sequence in the FCC-compliant band 3.6–6 GHz,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1542–1549, 2005.
- M. G. Khan, A. A. Ashraf, J. Karedal, F. Tufvesson, and A. F. Molisch, “Measurements and analysis of UWB channels in industrial environments,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications, pp. 426–430, September 2005.
- C. G. Spiliotopoulos and A. G. Kanatas, “Path loss and time-dispersion parameters of UWB signals in a military airplane,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 8, pp. 790–793, 2009.
- S. Chiu, J. Chuang, and D. G. Michelson, “Characterization of UWB channel impulse responses within the passenger cabin of a boeing 737-200 aircraft,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 935–945, 2010.
- J. R. Foerster, “The effects of multipath interference on the performance of UWB systems in an indoor wireless channel,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 53rd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTS '01), vol. 2, pp. 1176–1180, May 2001.
- J. Keignart and N. Daniele, “Subnanosecond UWB channel sounding in frequency and temporal domain,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Ultra Wideband Systems and Technology Conference, pp. 25–30, Baltimore, Md, USA, May 2002.
- Q. Li and W. S. Wong, “Measurement and analysis of the indoor UWB channel,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 58th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '03), vol. 1, pp. 1–5, October 2003.