- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 410692, 6 pages
Comparison of Bioradiolocation and Respiratory Plethysmography Signals in Time and Frequency Domains on the Base of Cross-Correlation and Spectral Analysis
1Remote Sensing Laboratory, Bauman Moscow State Technical University, 2nd Baumanskaya 5, Moscow 105005, Russia
2Department of Biomedical Engineering, Bauman Moscow State Technical University, 2nd Baumanskaya 5, Moscow 105005, Russia
3Department of Ecological and Medical Problems, Prokhorov General Physics Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences, Vavilova 38, Moscow 119991, Russia
4Laboratory of Cardiorespiratory System Physiology and Biomechanics, Institute of Biomedical Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Khoroshevskoye Shosse 76A, Moscow 123007, Russia
Received 8 March 2013; Accepted 13 April 2013
Academic Editor: Francesco Soldovieri
Copyright © 2013 Maksim Alekhin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Soldovieri, I. Catapano, L. Crocco, L. Anishchenko, and S. Ivashov, “A feasibility study for life signs monitoring via a continuous-wave radar,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2012, Article ID 420178, 5 pages, 2012.
- K. Konno and J. Mead, “Measurement of the separate volume changes of rib cage and abdomen during breathing,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 407–422, 1967.
- “Practice parameters for the indications for polysomnography and related procedures. Polysomnography Task Force, American Sleep Disorders Association Standards of Practice Committee,” Sleep, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 406–422, 1997.
- A. S. Bugaev, V. V. Chapursky, S. I. Ivashov, V. V. Razevig, A. P. Sheyko, and I. A. Vasilyev, “Through wall sensing of human breathing and heart beating by monochromatic radar,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR '04), pp. 291–294, June 2004.
- L. Liu, Z. Liu, and B. Barrowes, “Through-wall bio-radiolocation with UWB impulse radar: observation, simulation and signal extraction,” IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 791–798, 2012.
- E. M. Staderini, “UWB radars in medicine,” IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 13–18, 2002.
- J. Muehlsteff, R. Pinter, and G. Morren, “Comparison of respiration rate monitoring with a low-cost Doppler-Radar sensor and inductive thorax-plethysmography,” in Proceedings of the World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering (IFMBE '09), pp. 768–771, September 2009.
- D. Pollock, Handbook of Time Series Analysis, Signal Processing, and Dynamics, Academic Press, 1999.
- Y. Popova, A. Suvorov, A. Dyachenko, and V. Kolesnikov, “Biomechanics and regulation of the external respiration in the conditions of 5-day dry immersion,” Aviakosmicheskaia i Ekologicheskaia Meditsina, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 26–31, 2011.
- L. Anishchenko, A. Bugaev, S. Ivashov, and I. Vasilyev, “Application of bio-radiolocation for estimation of the laboratory animals' movement activity,” PIERS Online, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 551–554, 2009.
- V. Baranov, A. Suvorov, A. Dyachenko, J. Popova, A. Minyaeva, and V. Kolesnikov, “Respiration and respiratory control in long-term spaceflight,” in Proceedings of the 17th IAA Humans in Space Symposium, pp. 129–130, 2009.
- M. Alekhin, L. Anishchenko, A. Zhuravlev et al., “Estimating diagnostic informativeness of bio-radiolocation pneumography in non-contact screening of sleep apnea syndrome,” Biomedical Engineering, vol. 47, no. 2, 2013.
- D. A. Korchagina, M. D. Alekhin, and L. N. Anishchenko, “Bio-radiolocation method at chest wall motion analysis during tidal breathing,” in Proceedings of the 7th European Radar Conference (EuRAD '10), pp. 475–478, October 2010.
- D. Higham and N. Higham, MATLAB Guide, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2005.
- P. Welch, “The use of fast Fourier transform for the estimation of power spectra: a method based on time averaging over short, modified periodograms,” IEEE Transactions on Audio and Electroacoustics, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 70–73, 1967.