- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 417108, 8 pages
A Multichannel THz Detector Using Integrated Bow-Tie Antennas
1Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing 100876, China
2MMT Group, RAL Space, STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK
Received 7 November 2012; Accepted 10 April 2013
Academic Editor: Wenhua Chen
Copyright © 2013 Hairui Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. H. Siegel, “Terahertz technology,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 910–928, 2002.
- S. Yeom, D. S. Lee, J. Y. Son, et al., “Distance estimation of concealed objects with stereoscopic passive millimeter-wave imaging,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 115, pp. 399–407, 2011.
- S. Oka, H. Togo, N. Kukutsu, and T. Nagatsuma, “Latest trends in millimeter-wave imaging technology,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters, vol. 1, pp. 197–204, 2008.
- F. J. González, M. A. Gritz, C. Fumeaux, and G. D. Boreman, “Two dimensional array of antenna-coupled microbolometers,” International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 785–797, 2002.
- Goley cell, Tydex, http://www.tydex.ru/products/thz_optics/golay_cell/.
- J. L. Hesler and T. W. Crowe, “NEP and responsivity of THz zero-bias Schottky diode detectors,” in Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Infrared and Millimetre Waves, and 15th International Conference on Terahertz Electronics (IRMMW-THz '07), pp. 844–845, September 2007.
- J. L. Hesler, L. Liu, H. Xu, Y. Duan, and R. M. Weikle, “The development of Quasi-optical THz detectors,” in Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves (IRMMW-THz '08), pp. 1–2, September 2008.
- D. Schoenherr, C. Bleasdale, T. Goebel et al., “Extremely broadband characterization of a Schottky diode based THz detector,” in Proceedings of the 35th International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves (IRMMW-THz '10), pp. 1–2, September 2010.
- A. Semenov, O. Cojocari, H. W. Hübers, F. Song, A. Klushin, and A. S. Müller, “Application of zero-bias Quasi-optical Schottky-diode detectors for monitoring short-pulse and weak terahertz radiation,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 674–676, 2010.
- D. F. Filipovic, S. S. Gearhart, and G. M. Rebeiz, “Double-slot antennas on extended hemispherical and elliptical silicon dielectric lenses,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1738–1749, 1993.
- S. Barbieri, J. Alton, C. Baker, T. Lo, H. E. Beere, and D. Ritchie, “Imaging with THz quantum cascade lasers using a Schottky diode mixer,” Optics Express, vol. 13, no. 17, pp. 6497–6503, 2005.
- I. Kasalynas, D. Seliuta, R. Simniskis, V. Tamosiunas, K. Kohler, and G. Valusis, “Terahertz imaging with bow-tie InGaAs-based diode with broken symmetry,” Electronics Letters, vol. 45, no. 16, pp. 833–835, 2009.
- S. S. Gearhart and G. M. Rebeiz, “A monolithic 250 GHz Shottky-diode receiver,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 2504–2511, 1994.
- R. Han, Y. Zhang, D. Coquillat, et al., “A 280-GHz Schottky diode detector in 130-nm digital CMOS,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 2602–2612, 2011.
- H. Liu, J. Yu, P. G. Huggard, and B. Alderman, “Measurements of Schottky-diode based THz video detectors,” Terahertz Science and Technologh, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 104–108, 2011.
- L. Liu, H. Xu, Y. Duan, A. W. Lichtenberger, J. L. Hesler, and R. M. Weikle, “A 200 GHz Schottky diode Quasi-optical detector based on folded dipole antenna,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Symposium on Space Terahertz Technology, Charlottesville, Va, USA, April 2009.
- L. Liu, J. L. Hesler, H. Xu, A. W. Lichtenberger, and R. M. Weikle, “A broadband Quasi-optical terahertz detector utilizing a zero bias Schottky diode,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 504–506, 2010.
- A. M. Cowley and H. O. Sorensen, “Quantitative comparison of solid-state microwave detectors,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 588–602, 1966.
- S. C. K. Ko and R. D. Murch, “Compact integrated diversity antenna for wireless communications,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 954–960, 2001.
- S. Blanch, J. Romeu, and I. Corbella, “Exact representation of antenna system diversity performance from input parameter description,” Electronics Letters, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 705–707, 2003.
- D. B. Rutledge and M. S. Muha, “Imaging antenna arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 535–540, 1982.
- “Understanding measurements using an oscilloscope versus a lock-in amplifier,” Spectrum Detector Inc., Lake Oswego, Ore, USA, Application Note 1009, http://www.spectrumdetector.com.
- M. V. Afsar and K. J. Button, “Millimeter wave dielectric properties of materials,” in Infrared and Millimeter Waves, vol. 12, chapter 1, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- D. F. Filipovic, G. V. Eleftheriades, and G. M. Rebeiz, “Off-axis imaging properties of substrate lens antennas,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Space Terahertz Technology, pp. 778–787, 1994.