- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 476878, 9 pages
Multiobjective-Optimized Design of a New UWB Antenna for UWB Applications
1Department of Electromagnetism, University of Granada, Avenida Fuentenueva sn, 18071 Granada, Spain
2Department of Electric and Electronic Engineering, University of Stellenbosch, Matieland 7602, South Africa
Received 20 November 2012; Revised 6 March 2013; Accepted 7 March 2013
Academic Editor: Michael Yan Wah Chia
Copyright © 2013 C. Moreno de Jong van Coevorden et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. J. Daniels, Surface Penetrating Radar, IEE Radar, Navigation and Avionics Series, Institute of Electrical & Electronics Enginee, 1996.
- P. R. Foster, “Performance of ultrawideband antennas,” in Ultrawideband Radar, vol. 1631 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 134–145, January 1992.
- R. Gómez-Martín, A. R. Bretones, and S. G. García, “Some thoughts about transient radiation by straight thin wires,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 24–33, 1999.
- K. L. Shlager, G. S. Smith, and J. G. Maloney, “Optimization of bow-tie antennas for pulse radiation,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 975–982, 1994.
- T. Wu and R. King, “The cylindrical antenna with nonreflecting resistive loading,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 369–373, 1988.
- M. Fernández-Pantoja, A. Monorchio, A. R. Bretones, and R. Gómez-Martín, “Direct GA-based optimisation of resistively loaded wire antennas in the time domain,” Electronics Letters, vol. 36, no. 24, pp. 1988–1990, 2000.
- S. Lee and K. Mei, “Analysis of zigzag antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 760–764, 1970.
- Y. Nishioka, O. Maeshima, T. Uno, and S. Adachi, “FDTD analysis of resistor-loaded bow-tie antennas covered with ferrite-coated conducting cavity for subsurface radar,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 970–977, 1999.
- A. A. Lestari, A. G. Yarovoy, and L. P. Ligthart, “Numerical and experimental analysis of circular-end wire bow-tie antennas over a lossy ground,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 26–35, 2004.
- A. A. Lestari, A. G. Yarovoy, and L. P. Ligthart, “Adaptive wire bow-tie antenna for GPR applications,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1745–1754, 2005.
- C. M. de Jong van Coevorden, A. R. Bretones, M. Fernández-Pantoja, F. J. García Ruiz, S. G. García, and R. Gómez-Martín, “GA design of a thin-wire bow-tie antenna for GPR applications,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 1004–1009, 2006.
- C. Moreno de Jong van Coevorden, A. R. Bretones, M. Fernández-Pantoja et al., “Thin-wire antenna design for GPR applications using a multi-objective GA,” Near Surface Geophysics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 23–28, 2007.
- G. Burke, A. Poggio, J. Logan, and J. Rockway, “NEC—numerical electromagnetics code for antennas and scattering,” in Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, vol. 17, pp. 147–150, 1979.
- A. C. Ludwig, “Wire grid modeling of surfaces,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1045–1048, 1987.
- J. D. Schaffer, “Multiple objective optimization with vector evaluated genetic algorithms,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Genetic Algorithms, pp. 93–100, 1985.
- P. Hajela and C. Y. Lin, “Genetic search strategies in multicriterion optimal design,” Structural Optimization, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 99–107, 1992.
- K. Deb, A. Pratap, S. Agarwal, and T. Meyarivan, “A fast and elitist multiobjective genetic algorithm: NSGA-II,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 182–197, 2002.
- S. Cui, A. Mohan, and D. S. Weile, “Pareto optimal design of absorbers using a parallel elitist nondominated sorting genetic algorithm and the finite element-boundary integral method,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 2099–2107, 2005.
- Y. Kuwahara, “Multiobjective optimization design of Yagi-Uda antenna,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1984–1992, 2005.
- C. M. de Jong van Coevorden, Optimized antenna design using genetic algorithms [Ph.D. thesis], Electromagnetismo, Universidad de Granada, 2008.
- K. A. de Jong, Analysis of the behavior a class of genetic adaptative systems [Ph.D. thesis], Dept. Comput. Commun. Sci., Univ. Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mitch, USA, 1975.
- K. Deb and R. B. Agrawal, “Simulated binary crossover for continuous search space,” Complex Systems, vol. 9, pp. 115–148, 1995.
- K. Deb, “An efficient constraint handling method for genetic algorithms,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 186, no. 2–4, pp. 311–338, 2000.
- O. E. Allen, D. A. Hill, and A. R. Ondrejka, “Time-domain antenna characterizations,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 339–345, 1993.
- C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory, Analisys and Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1982.