- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 509878, 10 pages
A New Technique of Removing Blind Spots to Optimize Wireless Coverage in Indoor Area
1Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, National Defence University of Malaysia, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 6 December 2012; Revised 14 February 2013; Accepted 27 March 2013
Academic Editor: Stefano Selleri
Copyright © 2013 A. W. Reza et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. H. Loo, A. Z. Elsherbeni, F. Yang, and D. Kajfez, “Experimental and simulation investigation of RFID blind spots,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 747–760, 2009.
- S. Grubisic, W. P. Carpes, and J. P. A. Bastos, “Optimization model for antenna positioning in indoor environments using 2-D ray-tracing technique associated to a real-coded genetic algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 1626–1629, 2009.
- Z. Yun, S. Lim, and M. F. Iskander, “An integrated method of ray tracing and genetic algorithm for optimizing coverage in indoor wireless networks,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 7, pp. 145–148, 2008.
- M. S. Sarker, A. W. Reza, and K. Dimyati, “A novel ray-tracing technique for indoor radio signal prediction,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 25, no. 8-9, pp. 1179–1190, 2011.
- C. Takahashi, Z. Yun, M. F. Iskander, G. Poilasne, V. Pathak, and J. Fabrega, “Propagation-prediction and site-planning software for wireless communication systems,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 52–60, 2007.
- A. W. Reza, K. Dimyati, K. A. Noordin, and M. S. Sarker, “Intelligent ray-tracing: an efficient indoor ray propagation model,” IEICE Electronics Express, vol. 8, no. 22, pp. 1920–1926, 2011.
- A. Tayebi, J. Gomez, F. Saez de Adana, and O. Gutierrez, “The application of ray-tracing to mobile localization using the direction of arrival and received signal strength in multipath indoor environments,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 91, pp. 1–15, 2009.
- J. Gomez, A. Tayebi, F. S. de Adana, and O. Gutierrez, “Localization approach based on ray-tracing including the effect of human shadowing,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, vol. 15, pp. 1–11, 2010.
- Y. B. Tao, H. Lin, and H. J. Bao, “KD-tree based fast ray tracing for RCS prediction,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 81, pp. 329–341, 2008.
- F. Saez de Adana, O. Gutiérrez, M. A. Navarro, and A. S. Mohan, “Efficient time-domain ray-tracing technique for the analysis of ultra-wideband indoor environments including Lossy materials and multiple effects,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2009, Article ID 390782, 8 pages, 2009.
- C. Lièbe, P. Combeau, A. Gaugue et al., “Ultra-wideband indoor channel modelling using ray-tracing software for through-the-wall imaging radar,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2010, Article ID 934602, 14 pages, 2010.
- A. W. Reza, M. S. Sarker, and K. Dimyati, “A novel integrated mathematical approach of ray-tracing and genetic algorithm for optimizing indoor wireless coverage,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 110, pp. 147–162, 2010.
- E. Agastra, G. Bellaveglia, L. Lucci et al., “Genetic algorithm optimization of high-efficiency wide-band multimodal square horns for discrete lenses,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 83, pp. 335–352, 2008.
- Z. Meng, “Autonomous genetic algorithm for functional optimization,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 72, pp. 253–268, 2007.
- Y. Rahmat-Samii and E. Michielssen, Electromagnetic Optimization by Genetic Algorithms, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- A. W. Reza, K. Dimyati, K. A. Noordin, A. S. M. Z. Kausar, and M. S. Sarker, “A comprehensive study of optimization algorithm for wireless coverage in indoor area,” Optimization Letters, 2012.
- D. E. Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming, vol. 1, Addison-Wesley, Boston, Mass, USA, 3rd edition, 1997.
- D. M. Dobkin, RF Engineering for Wireless Networks: Hardware, Antennas, and Propagation, Elsevier/Newnes, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2005.
- T. S. Rappaport, Wireless Communication Principles and Practice, Communications Engineering and Emerging Technology, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2002.