- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 528950, 9 pages
An Antenna Measurement System Based on Optical Feeding
Optics and Electronics Laboratory, Fujikura Ltd., Sakura-shi 285-8550, Japan
Received 30 January 2013; Revised 29 March 2013; Accepted 31 March 2013
Academic Editor: Sara Burgos
Copyright © 2013 Ryohei Hosono and Ning Guan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Icheln, J. Ollikainen, and P. Vainikainen, “Reducing the influence of feed cables on small antenna measurements,” Electronics Letters, vol. 35, no. 15, pp. 1212–1214, 1999.
- C. Icheln and P. Vainikainen, “Dual-frequency balun to decrease influence of RF feed cables in small antenna measurements,” Electronics Letters, vol. 36, no. 21, pp. 1760–1761, 2000.
- S. A. Saario, J. W. Lu, and D. V. Thiel, “Full-wave analysis of choking characteristics of sleeve balun on coaxial cables,” Electronics Letters, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 304–305, 2002.
- P. J. Massey and K. R. Boyle, “Controlling the effects of feed cable in small antenna measurements,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Conference Antennas and Propagat, vol. 2, pp. 561–564, Exeter, UK, March 2003.
- C. Icheln, J. Krogerus, and P. Vainikainen, “Use of balun chokes in small-antenna radiation measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 498–506, 2004.
- S. Saario, D. V. Thiel, J. W. Lu, and S. G. O. Keefe, “An assessment of cable radiation effects on mobile communications antenna measurements,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Digest, vol. 1, pp. 550–553, Montreal, Canada, July 1997.
- W. A. T. Kotterman, G. F. Pedersen, K. Olesen, and P. Eggers, “Cable-less measurement set-up for wireless handheld terminals,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '01), pp. B112–B116, San Diego, Calif, USA, October 2001.
- S. Amari, A. Yamamoto, H. Iwai, Y. Koyanagi, and K. Ogawa, “Complex radiation pattern measurement using a optical-fibre cable applicable to a handset adaptive array,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium Antennas and Propagation (ISAP '07), pp. 73–76, Niigata, Japan, August 2007.
- T. Fukazawa, K. Shimomura, and M. Otsuka, “Accurate measurement method for characteristics of an antenna on a portable telephone,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. 86, no. 9, pp. 1895–1905.
- S. Kurokawa, M. Hirose, and K. Komiyama, “Optical fiber link 1-pass 2-port antenna measurement system,” in Proceedings of the 67th ARFTG Microwave Measurements Conference, pp. 246–250, San Diego, Calif, USA, June 2006.
- R. Lao, W. Liang, Y. S. Chen, and J. H. Tarng, “The use of electro-optical link to reduce the influence of RF cables in antenna measurement,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation and EMC Technologies for Wireless Communications (MAPE '05), vol. 1, pp. 427–430, Beijing, China, August 2005.
- I. K. Cho, J. I. Mun, S. M. Kim, and J. H. Yun, “Optical fiber link system for the antenna measurement,” in International Conference on Photonics in Switching (PS '09), pp. 1–2, Pisa, Italy, February 2009.
- B. Yanakiev, J. O. Nielsen, M. Christensen, and G. F. Pedersen, “Small device for short-range antenna measurements using optics,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 148–152, 2011.
- J. C. Wyss and S. T. Sheeran, “A practical optical modulator and link for antennas,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 316–321, 1985.
- F. Koyama, “Recent advances of VCSEL photonics,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 4502–4513, 2006.
- S. Md. Arefin and T. Mollick, “Analysis of vertical cavity serface emitting laser, resonant cavity enhanced photodetector & their integrated structure,” Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 97–104, 2013.
- N. Guan, H. Tayama, H. Furuya, D. Delaune, and K. Ito, “A deformed film UWB antenna,” IEICE Transaction on Communications, vol. 93, no. 10, pp. 2531–2537, 2010.
- H. Arai, Measurement of Mobile Antenna, Artech House, 2001.
- R. F. Harrington, Field Computation By Moment Methods, IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 1993.
- K. L. Wong, Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- F. S. Chang, K. L. Wong, and T. W. Chiou, “Low-cost broadband circularly polarized patch antenna,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 3006–3009, 2003.
- C. T. Rodenbeck, K. Chang, and J. Aubin, “Automated pattern measurement for circularly-polarized antennas using the phase-amplitude method,” Microwave Journal, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 68–78, 2004.
- G. E. Evans, Antenna Measurement Techniques, Artech House, Boston, Mass, USA, 1990.