- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 531364, 15 pages
An RFID-Based Tracing and Tracking System for the Fresh Vegetables Supply Chain
Department of Innovation Engineering, University of Salento, 73100 Lecce, Italy
Received 3 April 2013; Revised 21 May 2013; Accepted 22 May 2013
Academic Editor: Iñigo Cuiñas
Copyright © 2013 Luca Mainetti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Mainetti, L. Patrono, and R. Vergallo, “Combining EPCglobal and HL7 to deploy innovative e-health services for patients affected by multiple intolerances,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Applied Sciences in Biomedical and Communication Technologies (ISABEL '11), article 86, pp. 1–6, ACM, Barcelona, Spain, October 2011.
- K. Finkenzeller, RFID Handbook, Fundamentals and Applications in Contact-Less Smart Cards and Identification, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- NFC Forum, The Near Field Communication (NFC) Forum, 2004, http://www.nfc-forum.org/home/.
- L. Catarinucci, R. Colella, M. De Blasi, L. Patrono, and L. Tarricone, “Experimental performance evaluation of passive UHF RFID tags in electromagnetically critical supply chains,” Journal of Communications Software and Systems, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 59–70, 2011.
- L. Catarinucci, R. Colella, M. De Blasi, L. Patrono, and L. Tarricone, “Enhanced UHF RFID tags for drug tracing,” Journal of Medical Systems, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 3451–3462, 2012.
- K. V. S. Rao, P. V. Nikitin, and S. F. Lam, “Antenna design for UHF RFID tags: a review and a practical application,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 3870–3876, 2005.
- M. E. de Cos and F. Las-Heras, “Dual-band antenna/AMC combination for RFID,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2012, Article ID 804536, 7 pages, 2012.
- L. Mainetti, L. Patrono, and R. Vergallo, “IDA-Pay: a secure and efficient micro-payment system based on Peer-to-Peer NFC technology for Android mobile devices,” Journal of Communication Software and Systems, vol. 8, no. 4, 2012.
- U. Barchetti, A. Bucciero, M. De Blasi, L. Mainetti, and L. Patrono, “Implementation and testing of an EPCglobal-aware discovery service for item-level traceability,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Workshops, IEEE, Ed., pp. 1–8, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), St. Petersburg, Russia, October 2009.
- EPCGlobal, The EPCglobal NetworkTM: overview of design, benefits and security, 2004, http://www.epcglobalinc.org/.
- F. Thiesse, C. Floerkemeier, M. Harrison, F. Michahelles, and C. Roduner, “Technology, standards, and real-world deployments of the EPC network,” IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 36–43, 2009.
- F. Paganelli and D. A. Parlanti, “DHT-based discovery service for the internet of things,” Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, vol. 2012, Article ID 107041, 11 pages, 2012.
- A. Guido, L. Mainetti, and P. Patrono, “Evaluating potential benefits of the use of RFID, EPCglobal, and ebXML in the pharmaceutical supply chain,” International Journal of Healthcare Technology and Management, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 198–222, 2012.
- E. Bottani, R. Montanari, and A. Rizzi, “The impact of RFID technology and EPC system on stock-out of promotional items,” International Journal of RF Technologies, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 6–22, 2009.
- M. Trebar, A. Grah, Á. Melcón, and A. Parreno, “Towards RFID traceability systems of farmed fish supply chain software,” in Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM '11), pp. 6–11, September 2011.
- L. Catarinucci, I. Cuiñas, I. Expósito, R. Colella, J. A. G. Fernández, and L. Tarricone, “RFID and WSNs for traceability of agricultural goods from Farm to Fork: electromagnetic and deployment aspects on wine test-cases,” in Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM '11), pp. 12–15, September 2011.
- M. Keshtgari and A. Deljoo, “A wireless sensor network solution for precision agriculture based on zigbee technology,” Wireless Sensor Network, vol. 4, pp. 25–30, 2012.
- A. D. Siuli Roy and S. Bandyopadhyay, “Agro-sense: precision agriculture using sensor-based wireless mesh networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st ITU-T Kaleidoscope Academic Conference, Innovations in NGN: Future Network and Services (K-INGN '08), pp. 383–388, May 2008.
- L. Xiao and L. Guo, “The realization of precision agriculture monitoring system based on wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer and Communication Technologies in Agriculture Engineering (CCTAE '10), vol. 3, pp. 89–92, June 2010.
- D. A. Chappell, Enterprise Service Bus, O'Really Media, 2009.
- Jentu S. Agr. r. l., http://www.jentu.biz/home.html.
- Fosstrak, Open source RFID platform, https://code.google.com/p/fosstrak/.
- EPC Tag Data Standard (TDS), EPCglobal Standards and Technology, 2007, http://www.gs1.org/gsmp/kc/epcglobal/tds/tds_1_3_1-standard-20070928.pdf.
- The Application Level Events (ALE) Specification, Version 1.1.1, http://www.gs1.org/gsmp/kc/epcglobal/ale/ale_1_1_1-standard-core-20090313.pdf.
- WSO2 lean, enterprise, middleware, http://www.wso2.com/.
- L. Fulton, J. R. Rymer, M. An, and M. Czarnecki, The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Service Buses, Forrester Research, 2011.
- Apache Synapse, http://synapse.apache.org/.