- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 562538, 12 pages
Design and Modeling of New UWB Metamaterial Planar Cavity Antennas with Shrinking of the Physical Size for Modern Transceivers
Electrical Engineering Department of Shahid Bahonar, University of Kerman, Mazandaran-Fereydonkenar 4751677996, Iran
Received 7 February 2013; Revised 6 May 2013; Accepted 18 May 2013
Academic Editor: Francisco Falcone
Copyright © 2013 Mohammad Alibakhshi Kenari. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. A. Wheeler, “Fundamental limitations of small antennas,” Proceedings of the IRE, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 1479–1484, 1947.
- R. Porath, “Theory of miniaturized shorting-post microstrip antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 41–47, 2000.
- R. C. Hansen, “Fundamental limitations in antennas,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 170–182, 1981.
- N. Engheta and R. W. Ziolkowski, Eds., Metamaterials: Physics and Engineering Explorations, Wiley-IEEE Press, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- C. Caloz and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 2006.
- C. Caloz and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials, Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications, Wiley and IEEE Press, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- W. F. Richards and Y. T. Lo, “Theoretical and experimental investigations of a microstrip radiator with multiple lumped linear loads,” Electromagnetics, vol. 3, no. 3-4, pp. 371–385, 1983.
- G. V. Eleftheriades, A. K. Iyer, and P. C. Kremer, “Planar negative refractive index media using periodically L-C loaded transmission lines,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 2702–2712, 2002.
- C. Caloz and T. Itoh, “Novel microwave devices and structures based on the transmission line approach of meta-materials,” in Proceedings of the International Microwave Symposium Digest (IEEE MTT-S '03), pp. 195–198, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, June 2003.
- D. Sievenpiper, L. Zhang, R. Broas, N. Alexopulous, and E. Yablonovitch, “High impedance elmomagnetic surfwes with a forbidden frequency hand,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 2059–2074, 1999.
- Q. Ye, “Time domain response of ultra-wideband dipole antennas,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Antenna Technology and Applied Electromagnetics (Antem/URSI '04), pp. 661–664, Ottawa, Canada, July 2004.
- E. Gazit, “Improved design of the vivaldi antenna,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 89–92, 1988.
- C. J. Lee, K. M. K. H. Leong, and T. Itoh, “Composite right/left-handed transmission line based compact resonant antennas for RF module integration,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 2283–2291, 2006.
- Y. Li, Z. Zhang, J. Zheng, and Z. Feng, “Compact heptaband reconfigurable loop antenna for mobile handset,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 10, pp. 1162–1165, 2011.
- Y. L. Zhao, Y. C. Jiao, G. Zhao, L. Zhang, Y. Song, and Z. B. Wong, “Compact planar monopole UWB antenna with band-notched characteristic,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 2656–2658, 2008.
- R. Movahedinia and M. N. Azarmanesh, “A novel planar UWB monopole antenna with variable frequency band-notch function based on etched slot-type ELC on the patch,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 229–232, 2010.
- M. Abdollahvand, G. Dadashzadeh, and D. Mostafa, “Compact dual band-notched printed monopole antenna for UWB application,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 9, pp. 1148–1151, 2010.
- S. J. Wu, C. H. Kang, K. H. Chen, and J. H. Tarng, “Study of an ultrawideband monopole antenna with a band-notched open-looped resonator,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1890–1897, 2010.
- C.-Y. Hong, C.-W. Ling, I.-Y. Tarn, and S.-J. Chung, “Design of a planar ultrawideband antenna with a new band-notch structure,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 3391–3397, 2007.
- Anon, “FCC First Report and Order on Ultra Wideband Technology,” 2002.