- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 602716, 9 pages
Array-Based Ultrawideband through-Wall Radar: Prediction and Assessment of Real Radar Abilities
DEMR (Département d'Électromagnétisme et Radar), Onera (The French Aerospace Lab), 31055 Toulouse, France
Received 4 October 2012; Revised 6 December 2012; Accepted 17 December 2012
Academic Editor: Matteo Pastorino
Copyright © 2013 Nadia Maaref and Patrick Millot. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. M. Frazier, “Surveillance through walls and other opaque materials,” IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 6–9, 1996.
- G. Barrie, “Ultra-wideband synthetic aperture, data and image processing,” Technical Memorandum DRDC Ottawa TM 2003-015, 2003.
- F. Ahmad, M. G. Amin, and S. A. Kassam, “Synthetic aperture beamformer for imaging through a dielectric wall,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 271–283, 2005.
- N. Maaref, P. Millot, C. Pichot, and O. Picon, “A study of UWB FM-CW radar for the detection of human beings in motion inside a building,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 1297–1300, 2009.
- D. I. Axiotis and M. E. Theologou, “2 GHz outdoor to indoor propagation at high elevation angles,” in Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '02), vol. 2, pp. 901–905, September 2002.
- G. Klysz, J. P. Balayssac, and X. Ferrières, “Evaluation of dielectric properties of concrete by a numerical FDTD model of a GPR coupled antenna—parametric study,” NDT & E International, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 621–631, 2008.
- A. Tavlove, Advances in Computational Electrodynamics: the Finite Difference Time-Domain Method, Artech House, 1998.
- E. Guillanton, J. Y. Dauvignac, C. Pichot, and J. Cashman, “A new design tapered slot antenna for ultra-wideband applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 286–289, 1998.
- B. D. Van Veen and K. M. Buckley, “Beamforming: a versatile approach to spatial filtering,” IEEE ASSP Magazine, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 4–24, 1988.
- M. Soumekh, Synthetic Aperture Radar Signal Processing with MATLAB Algorithms, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- N. Maaref, P. Millot, C. Pichot, and O. Picon, “Through-the-wall radar using multiple UWB antennas,” in Proceedings of IET International Conference on Radar Systems (RADAR '07), pp. 40–41, Edinburg, UK, October 2007.