- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 605604, 9 pages
Sidelobe Reduction in the Pulse-Compression Radar Using Synthesis of NLFM Laws
Department of Communications and Military Electronic Systems, Military Technical Academy, George Coşbuc Avenue 39-49,
050141 Bucharest, Romania
Received 24 October 2012; Revised 28 January 2013; Accepted 18 February 2013
Academic Editor: Stefano Selleri
Copyright © 2013 Iulian-Constantin Vizitiu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Levanon, E. Mozeson, and E., Radar Signals, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2004.
- M. A. Richards, Fundamentals of Radar Signal Processing, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- L. Anton, Signal Processing in High Resolution Radars, MTA Press, Bucharest, Romania, 2008.
- G. Iubu, Optimal Processing of Radar Signals, MTA Press, Bucharest, Romania, 1998.
- A. W. Doerry, “Generating nonlinear FM chirp waveforms for radar,” Tech. Rep., Sandia National Laboratories, 2006.
- L. R. Varshney and D. Thomas, “Sidelobe reduction for matched filter range processing,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Radar Conference, pp. 446–451, May 2003.
- I. Gladkova, “Design of frequency modulated waveforms via the Zak transform,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 355–359, 2004.
- C. Leśnik and A. Kawalec, “Modification of a weighting function for NLFM radar signal designing,” Acta Physica Polonica A, vol. 114, no. 6, pp. A143–A149, 2008.
- B. Zakeri, M. Zahabi, and S. Alighale, “Sidelobes level improvement by using a new scheme used in microwave pulse compression radars,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters, vol. 30, pp. 81–90, 2012.
- Y. K. Chan, M. Y. Chua, and V. C. Koo, “Sidelobes reduction using simple two and tri-stages non linear frequency modulation (NLFM),” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 98, pp. 33–52, 2009.
- L. Jackson, S. Kay, and N. Vankayalapati, “Iterative method for nonlinear FM synthesis of radar signals,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 910–917, 2010.
- I. C. Vizitiu, L. Anton, F. Popescu, and G. Iubu, “Sidelobes reduction using frequency predistortioning techniques on LFM signals,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 10th International Symposium on Electronics and Telecommunications (ISETC '12), pp. 381–384, 2012.
- F. Cook and M. Bernfeld, Radar Signals, Artech-House, Boston, Mass, USA, 1993.
- C. Lesnik, A. Kawalec, and M. Szugajew, The Synthesis of A Radar Signal having Nonlinear Frequency Modulation Function, WIT Press, Southampton, UK, 2011.
- S. Boukeffa, Y. Jiang, and T. Jiang, “Sidelobe reduction with nonlinear frequency modulated waveforms,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 7th International Colloquium on Signal Processing and Its Applications (CSPA '11), pp. 399–403, March 2011.
- I. C. Vizitiu, L. Anton, F. Popescu, and G. Iubu, “The synthesis of some NLFM laws using the stationary phase principle,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 10th International Symposium on Electronics and Telecommunications (ISETC '12), pp. 59–62, 2012.
- P. Yichun, P. Shirui, Y. Kefeng, and D. Wenfeng, “Optimization design of NLFM signal and its pulse compression simulation,” in Proceedings of IEEE Radar Conference, pp. 383–386, 2005.
- F. Gran and J. A. Jensen, “Designing NLFM signals for medical ultrasound imaging,” in Proceedings of IEEE Ultrasonic Symposium, pp. 1714–1717, 2006.
- Y. P. Grishin and A. Zankiewicz, “Neural network sidelobe suppression filter for a pulse-compression radar with powers-of-two weights,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 10th Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference (MALECON '00), pp. 713–716, May 2000.
- F. B. Duh, C. F. Juang, and C. T. Lin, “A neural fuzzy network approach to radar pulse compression,” IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 15–20, 2004.
- P. Wang, H. Meng, and X. Wang, “Suppressing autocorrelation sidelobes of LFM pulse trains with genetic algorithm,” Tsinghua Science and Technology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 800–806, 2008.