- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 610389, 10 pages
3D Imaging of Buried Dielectric Targets with a Tomographic Microwave Approach Applied to GPR Synthetic Data
1Department of Information Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunications (DIET), “Sapienza” University, Rome, Italy
2Institute Electromagnetic Sensing of the Environment (IREA), “National Research Council” (CNR), Naples, Italy
3Department of Mathematics & Physics, “Roma Tre” University, Rome, Italy
Received 15 May 2013; Accepted 3 July 2013
Academic Editor: Rocco Pierri
Copyright © 2013 Alessandro Galli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. J. Daniels, Ed., Ground Penetrating Radar, The Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE), London, UK, 2nd edition, 2004.
- H. M. Jol, Ed., Ground Penetrating Radar: Theory and Applications, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2009.
- A. P. Annan, Practical Processing of GPR Data, Sensors and Software Inc., Mississauga, Canada, 1999.
- L. B. Conyers and D. Goodman, Ground-Penetrating Radar: An Introduction for Archaeologists, AltaMira Press, Walnut Creek, Calif, USA, 1997.
- E. Pettinelli, G. Vannaroni, E. Mattei et al., “Electromagnetic propagation features of ground-penetrating radars for the exploration of Martian subsurface,” Near Surface Geophysics, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 5–11, 2006.
- E. Pettinelli, P. Burghignoli, A. R. Pisani et al., “Electromagnetic propagation of GPR signals in Martian subsurface scenarios including material losses and scattering,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 1271–1280, 2007.
- V. Ciarletti, C. Corbel, D. Plettemeier, P. Caïs, S. M. Clifford, and S.-E. Hamran, “WISDOM GPR Designed for shallow and high-resolution sounding of the martian subsurface,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 99, no. 5, pp. 824–836, 2011.
- G. Valerio, A. Galli, P. M. Barone, S. E. Lauro, E. Mattei, and E. Pettinelli, “GPR detectability of rocks in a Martian-like shallow subsoil: a numerical approach,” Planetary and Space Science, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 31–40, 2012.
- S. E. Lauro, E. Mattei, P. M. Barone et al., “Estimation of subsurface dielectric target depth for GPR planetary exploration: laboratory measurements and modeling,” Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 93, pp. 93–100, 2013.
- A. J. Witten, J. E. Molyneux, and J. E. Nyquist, “Ground penetrating radar tomography: algorithms and case studies,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 461–467, 1994.
- M. Bertero and P. Boccacci, Introduction to Inverse Problems in Imaging, Institute of Physics Publishing, London, UK, 1998.
- L. Capineri, P. Grande, and J. A. G. Temple, “Advanced image-processing technique for real-time interpretation of ground-penetrating radar images,” International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 51–59, 1998.
- Z. Wu and C. Liu, “An image reconstruction method using GPR data,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 327–334, 1999.
- T. B. Hansen and P. M. Johansen, “Inversion scheme for ground penetrating radar that takes into account the planar air-soil interface,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 496–506, 2000.
- S. Caorsi, A. Massa, and M. Pastorino, “A computational technique based on a real-coded genetic algorithm for microwave imaging purposes,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 38, no. 4 I, pp. 1697–1708, 2000.
- R. Pierri, A. Liseno, and F. Soldovieri, “Shape reconstruction from PO multifrequency scattered fields via the singular value decomposition approach,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1333–1343, 2001.
- L.-P. Song, Q. H. Liu, F. Li, and Z. Q. Zhang, “Reconstruction of three-dimensional objects in layered media: numerical experiments,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1556–1561, 2005.
- R. Persico, F. Soldovieri, and G. Leone, “A microwave tomographic imaging approach for multibistatic configuration: the choice of the frequency step,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 1926–1933, 2006.
- C. Ozdemir, S. Demirci, and E. Yigit, “Practical algorithms to focus B-scan GPR images: theory and application to real data,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research B, vol. 6, pp. 109–122, 2008.
- R. Solimene, A. Buonanno, F. Soldovieri, and R. Pierri, “Physical optics imaging of 3-D PEC objects: vector and multipolarized approaches,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 1799–1808, 2010.
- F. Soldovieri, I. Catapano, P. M. Barone et al., “GPR estimation of the geometrical features of buried metallic targets in testing conditions,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research B, vol. 49, pp. 339–362, 2013.
- CST Microwave Studio Manual, CST, Darmstadt, Germany, 2002.
- PulseEkko Pro User Guide., Sensors and Software Inc., Mississauga, Canada, 2006.
- W. C. Chew, Waves and Fields in Inhomogeneous Media, IEEE Press, New York, USA, 2nd edition, 1995.