- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 742636, 6 pages
An EIRP Measurement Method for Base-Station Antennas Using Field Strengths Measured along a Single Straight Line
Radio Technology Research Department, ETRI, 218 Gajeongno, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-700, Republic of Korea
Received 9 November 2012; Revised 28 February 2013; Accepted 15 March 2013
Academic Editor: Michael Yan Wah Chia
Copyright © 2013 Soon-Soo Oh and Young-Hwan Lee. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “IEEE recommended practice for local and metropolitan area networks. Coexistence of fixed broadband wireless access systems,” IEEE Standard 802.16.2-2004, 2004.
- “Basic standard for the calculation and measurement of electromagnetic field strength and SAR related to human exposure from radio base stations and fixed terminal stations for wireless telecommunications system (110 MHz–40 GHz),” BS EN 50383:2002, 2002.
- “Measurement methods of exposure to base stations,” TTAS.KO-06.0125, 2006.
- “Electromagnetic compatibility and Radio spectrum Matters (ERM); wideband transmission systems; data transmission equipment operating in the 2,4 GHz ISM band and using wide band modulation techniques; harmonized EN covering the essential requirements of article 3.2 of the R&TTE directive,” ETSI EN 300 328, v1.8.1, 2012.
- “Off-axis EIRP envelopes for FSS earth station operations,” FCC CFR title 47: 25.218, 2009.
- D. M. Pozar, Microwave and RF Design of Wireless Systems, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- A. Catalani, F. D. Paolo, M. Migliorelli, L. Russo, G. Toso, and P. Angeletti, “Ku band hemispherical fully electronic antenna for aircraft in flight entertainment,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2009, Article ID 230650, 7 pages, 2009.
- R. V. Gatti, L. Marcaccioli, E. Sbarra, and R. Sorrentino, “Flat array antennas for Ku-band mobile satellite terminals,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2009, Article ID 836074, 5 pages, 2009.
- B.-J. Jang, S. Moon, and J.-B. Lim, “EIRP measurements of WCDMA base station using pilot channel in line-of-sight environments,” Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 545–551, 2011.
- S. Gregson, J. McCormick, and C. Parini, Principles of Planar Near-Field Antenna Measurements, IET, Herts, 2007.
- O. M. Bucci, G. D'Elia, G. Leone, and R. Pierri, “Far-field pattern determination from the near-field amplitude on two surfaces,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1772–1779, 1990.
- G. D'Elia, R. Pierri, and F. Soldovieri, “A Novel approach to near-field far-field transformation from intensity data,” in Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE International Antennas and Propagation Symposium and USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting. Part 1 (of 4), pp. 1335–1338, June 1998.
- S. F. Razavi and Y. Rahmat-Samii, “On the uniqueness of planar near-field phaseless antenna measurements based on two amplitude-only measurements,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting (APSURSI '08), July 2008.
- G. D'elia, G. Leone, R. Pierri, and G. Schirinzi, “New method of far field reconstruction from Fresnel field,” Electronics Letters, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 342–343, 1984.
- S. S. Oh, J. M. Kim, and J. Yun, “Antenna measurement on cylindrical surface in fresnel region using direct far-field measurement system,” ETRI Journal, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 135–141, 2007.
- S. S. Oh and J. I. Moon, “Measurement guideline of Fresnel-field antenna measurement method,” ETRI Journal, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 68–70, 2009.
- S. S. Oh and J. H. Yun, “New method for predicting the electromagnetic field at a finite distance using fresnel field transformation,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 7, pp. 291–293, 2008.
- “High frequency structure simulator, version 12,” Ansoft HFSS, 2009.
- F. J. Cano-Facila, S. Pivnenko, and M. Sierra-Castaner, “Reduction of truncation errors in planar, cylindrical, and partial spherical near-field antenna,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2012, Article ID 438727, 19 pages, 2012.
- J. D. Kraus and R. J. Marhefka, Antennas for All Applications, McGraw-Hill, Boston, Mass, USA, 2002.