- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 804690, 11 pages
Empirical Doppler Characterization of Signals Scattered by Wind Turbines in the UHF Band under Near Field Condition
1Department of Communications Engineering, University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), Alda. Urquijo s/n, 48013 Bilbao, Spain
2Communications Research Centre, Ottawa, ON, Canada K2H 8S2
Received 29 October 2012; Accepted 21 January 2013
Academic Editor: Lars Norin
Copyright © 2013 Itziar Angulo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Angulo, D. de la Vega, N. Cau, et al., “Empirical evaluation of the impact of wind turbines on DVB-T reception quality,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- I. Angulo, D. de la Vega, C. Fernandez et al., “An empirical comparative study of prediction methods for estimating multipath due to signal scattering from wind turbines on digital TV services,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 195–203, 2011.
- I. Angulo, D. de la Vega, O. Grande et al., “Methodology for the empirical analysis of the scattering signals from a wind turbine,” in Proceedings of the Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference (LAPC '09), pp. 553–556, Loughborough, UK, November 2009.
- D. de la Vega, I. Orcajo, I. Armentia, et al., “Use of the channel impulse response of the DVB-T service for the evaluation of the reflected signals of wind farms,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (IMTC '08), Victoria, Canada, May 2008.
- E. F. Knott, J. F. Shaeffer, and M. T. Tuley, Radar Cross Section: Its Prediction, Measurement and Reduction, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 1985.
- N. Whitelonis, S. Yang, and H. Ling, “Application of near-field to far-field transformation to doppler features from wind turbine scattering,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 1660–1665, 2012.
- J. G. Proakis and D. G. Manolakis, Digital Signal Processing: Principles, Algorithms, and Applications, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1996.
- F. J. Harris, “On the use of windows for harmonic analysis with the discrete Fourier transform,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 51–83, 1978.
- A. V. Oppenheim, A. S. Willsky, and I. T. Young, Signals and Systems, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1983.
- P. Stoica and R. Moses, Introduction to Spectral Analysis, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 1997.
- S. L. Marple, Digital Spectral Analysis, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 1987.
- A. Schuster, “On the investigation of hidden periodicities,” Terrestrial Magnetism, vol. 3, pp. 13–41, 1898.
- M. S. Bartlett, “Smoothing periodograms from time-series with continuous spectra,” Nature, vol. 161, no. 4096, pp. 686–687, 1948.
- P. Welch, “The use of fast Fourier transform for the estimation of power spectra: a method based on time averaging over short, modified periodograms,” IEEE Transactions on Audio and Electroacoustics, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 70–73, 1967.
- G. J. Poupart, “Wind farms impact on radar aviation interests—final report,” FES W/14/00614/00/REP, DTI PUB URN 03/1294, QinetiQ, 2003.
- A. Naqvi, S. T. Yang, and H. Ling, “Investigation of doppler features from wind turbine scattering,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 9, pp. 485–488, 2010.
- A. Naqvi, Investigation of Doppler features resulting from wind turbine scattering [M.S. thesis], The University of Texas at Austin, 2010.
- B. Gallardo-Hernando, F. Pérez-Martínez, and F. Aguado-Encabo, “Statistical characterization of wind turbine clutter in C-band radars,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Radar, pp. 360–364, September 2008.
- M. Patzold, Mobile Fading Channels, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- W. C. Jakes, Microwave Mobile Channels, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- R. H. Clarke and W. L. Khoo, “3-D mobile radio channel statistics,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 798–799, 1997.
- D. C. Cox, “Delay Doppler characteristics of multipath propagation at 910 MHz in a suburban mobile radio environment,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 625–635, 1972.
- IEEE 802.16 Broadband Wireless Access Working Group, “Channel models for fixed wireless applications,” IEEE 802.16a-03/01, 2003.
- M. Skolnik, Radar Handbook, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2008.
- H. Hashemi, M. McGuire, T. Vlasschaert, and D. Tholl, “Measurements and modeling of temporal variations of the indoor radio propagation channel,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 733–737, 1994.
- A. Domazetovic, L. J. Greenstein, N. B. Mandayam, and I. Seskar, “Estimating the Doppler spectrum of a short-range fixed wireless channel,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 227–229, 2003.
- V. Erceg, L. Schumacher, P. Kyritsi et al., “TGn Channel Models,” Tech. Rep. IEEE P802.11 Wireless LANs, 2004.
- W. Yamada, K. Nishimori, Y. Takatori, and Y. Asai, “Statistical analysis and characterization of doppler spectrum in large office environment,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP '09), pp. 564–567, Bangkok, Thailand, 2009.
- D. S. Baum, D. Gore, R. Nabar et al., “Measurement and characterization of broadband MIMO fixed wireless channels at 2.5 GHz,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Personal Wireless Communications, pp. 203–206, December 2000.
- I. Angulo, D. de la Vega, O. Rodríguez, O. Grande, D. Guerra, and P. Angueira, “Analysis of the mast contribution to the scattering pattern of wind turbines in the UHF band,” in Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP '11), pp. 707–711, April 2011.
- R. G. D. Steel and J. H. Torrie, Principles and Procedures of Statistics, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1960.
- J. Montalbán, M. M. Velez, G. Prieto, I. Eizmendi, G. Berjon-Eriz, and J. L. Ordiales, “On approaching to generic channel equalization techniques for OFDM based systems in time variant channels,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting (BMSB '11), pp. 1–6, June 2011.
- ETSI, “Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB), framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital terrestrial television,” ETSI EN 300 744 V1.6.1, 2009.
- M. C. Jeruchim, P. Balaban, and K. S. Shanmugan, Simulation of Communication Systems: Modeling, Methodology, and Techniques, Plenum Press; Kluwer Academic, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2000.
- J. D. Parsons, The Mobile Radio Propagation Channel, Halsted Press, 1992.