- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 816910, 2 pages
Advances in Antennas for Wireless Identification and Sensing Systems
1Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering, Tampere University of Technology, 33720 Tampere, Finland
2Department of Electrical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles (UCLA), CA 90095, USA
3Electronic Engineering Department, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Received 20 January 2013; Accepted 20 January 2013
Copyright © 2013 Leena Ukkonen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. T. Thai, L. Yang, G. R. Dejean, and M. M. Tentzeris, “Nanotechnology enables wireless gas sensing,” IEEE Microwave Magazine, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 84–95, 2011.
- R. Vyas, V. Lakafosis, A. Rida et al., “Paper-based RFID-enabled wireless platforms for sensing applications,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 1370–1382, 2009.
- T. T. Thai, J. M. Mehdi, H. Aubert et al., “A novel passive wireless ultrasensitive RF temperature transducer for remote sensing,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS '10), pp. 473–476, May 2010.
- A. Traille, L. Yang, A. Rida, and M. M. Tentzeris, “A novel liquid antenna for wearable bio-monitoring applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Microwave Symposium Digest (MTT '08), pp. 923–926, June 2008.
- J. Cartwright, “Electronic skin grafts gadgets to body,” ScienceNOW, August 2011, http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2011/08/electronic-skin-grafts-gadgets-t.html.
- A. Lehto, J. Nummela, L. Ukkonen, L. Sydanheimo, and M. Kivikoski, “Passive UHF RFID in paper industry: challenges, benefits and the application environment,” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 66–79, 2009.
- J. Nummela, K. Määttänen, L. Ukkonen, and L. Sydänheimo, “Utilizing UHF RFID in supply chains: examples from similarities in paper and cell phone industries,” International Journal of Latest Trends in Computing (IJLTC), vol. 2, no. 3, 2011.
- C. Occhiuzzi and G. Marrocco, “The RFID Technology for Neurosciences: feasibility of limbs' monitoring in sleep diseases,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2010.
- H. Rajagopalan and Y. Rahmat-Samii, “Ingestible RFID bio-capsule tag design for medical monitoring,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, July 2010.
- L. Yang, R. Vyas, A. Rida, J. Pan, and M. Tentzeris, “Wearable RFID-enabled sensor nodes for biomedical applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Electronic Components and Circuits Conference, pp. 2156–2159, 2008.
- J. Virtanen, L. Ukkonen, T. Björninen, and L. Sydänheimo, “Printed Humidity Sensor for UHF RFID Systems,” in Proceedings of the Sensors Applications Symposium (SAS '10), pp. 269–272, IEEE, February 2010.
- J. Virtanen, T. Björninen, L. Ukkonen, and L. Sydänheimo, “Passive UHF inkjet-printed narrow-line RFID tags,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 9, pp. 440–443, 2010.
- M. M. Tentzeris, “Inkjet-printed paper-based RFID and nanotechnology-based ultrasensitive sensors: The “Green” ultimate solution for an ever improving life quality and safety?” in Proceedings of the IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium (RWS '10), pp. 120–123, January 2010.
- B. H. Kim, T. H. Park, S. J. Baek et al., “N -type carbon nanotube by alkaline-earth metal Sr doping,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 103, no. 9, Article ID 096103, 2008.
- R. De Paolis, S. Pacchini, F. Coccetti et al., “Circuit model of carbon-nanotube inks for microelectronic and microwave tunable devices,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS '11), June 2011.
- J. Virtanen, L. Ukkonen, T. Björninen, A. Z. Elsherbeni, and L. Sydänheimo, “Temperature sensor tag for passive UHF RFID systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Sensor Applications Symposium, pp. 312–317, San Antonio, Tex, USA, February 2011.