- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 819695, 10 pages
A Novel Enhanced Positioning Trilateration Algorithm Implemented for Medical Implant In-Body Localization
Department of Telecommunications and Multimedia, University of Zilina, FEE, Univerzitna 1, 010 08 Zilina, Slovakia
Received 31 July 2012; Accepted 29 March 2013
Academic Editor: Eduard Babulak
Copyright © 2013 Peter Brida and Juraj Machaj. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Machacek, R. Hercik, and R. Slaby, “Smart user adaptive system for intelligent object recognizing,” in Studies of Computational Intelligence, New Challenges for Intelligent Information and Database Systems, vol. 351, pp. 197–206, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
- O. Krejcar, D. Janckulik, L. Motalova, K. Musil, and M. Penhaker, “Real time measurement and visualization of ECG on mobile monitoring stations of biotelemetric system,” in Advances in Intelligent Information and Database Systems, pp. 67–78, 2010.
- M. Stankus, M. Penhaker, J. Kijonka, P. Grygarek, and J. Kotzian, “Architecture and design of mobile telemetry system for ambient assisted living,” in Mobile Lightweight Wireless Systems, pp. 769–780, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2010.
- A. Alomainy, Y. Hao, Y. Yuan, and Y. Liu, “Modelling and characterisation of radio propagation from wireless implants at different frequencies,” in Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on Wireless Technology (ECWT '06), pp. 119–122, September 2006.
- Y. Wang, R. Fu, Y. Ye, U. Khan, and K. Pahlavan, “Performance bounds for RF positioning of endoscopy camera capsules,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Biomedical Wireless Technologies, Networks, Sensing Systems, 2011.
- U. Khan, K. Pahlavan, and S. Makarov, “Comparison of TOA and RSS based techniques for RF localization inside human tissue,” in Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC '11), September 2011.
- Y. Ye, U. Khan, N. Alsindi, R. Fu, and K. Pahlavan, “On the accuracy of RF positioning in multi-capsule endoscopy,” in Proceedings of the International IEEE Symposium on Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, 2011.
- M. Kawasaki and R. Kohno, “A TOA based positioning technique of medical implanted devices,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Medical Information & Communication Technology, 2009.
- K. Arshak and F. Adepoju, “Adaptive linearized methods for tracking a moving telemetry capsule,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE '07), pp. 2703–2708, June 2007.
- J. Lee, J. Oh, S. K. Shah, X. Yuan, and S. J. Tang, “Automatic classification of digestive organs in wireless capsule endoscopy videos,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC '07), pp. 1041–1045, March 2007.
- M. Frisch, A. Glukhovsky, and D. Levy, “Array System and Method for Locating an in Vivo Signal Source,” Patent US2002/0 173 718, 2002.
- D. Fischer, R. Schreiber, D. Levi, and R. Eliakim, “Capsule endoscopy: the localization system,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2004.
- J. Bulat, K. Duda, M. Duplaga, et al., “Data processing tasks in wireless GI endoscopy: image-based capsule localization and navigation with video compression,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 2007 International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS '07), pp. 2815–2818, 2007.
- R. Kuth, J. Reinschke, and R. Rockelein, “Method for Determing the Position and Orientation of an Endoscopy Capsule Guided Through an Examination Object by Using a Navigating Magnetic Field Generated by Means of a Navigation Device,” Patent US2007/0 038 063.
- K. Arshak and F. Adepoju, “Capsule tracking in the GI tract: a novel microcontroller based solution,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Sensors Applications Symposium, pp. 186–191, February 2006.
- X. Wang, M. Meng, and C. Hu, “A localization method using 3-axis magnetoresistive sensors for tracking of capsule endoscope,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 2006 International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS '06), pp. 2522–2525, 2006.
- C. Hu, M. Q. H. Meng, and M. Mandal, “The calibration of 3-axis magnetic sensor array system for tracking wireless capsule endoscope,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '06), pp. 162–167, October 2006.
- J. J. Caffery Jr., Wireless Location in CDMA Cellular Radio Systems, Kluwer Academic, Dodrecht, The Netherlands, 1st edition, 2000.
- P. Brida, P. Cepel, and J. Duha, “A novel adaptive algorithm for RSS positioning in GSM networks,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks and Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP '06), pp. 748–751, Patras, Greece, 2006.
- K. W. Cheung, H. C. So, W. K. Ma, and Y. T. Chan, “Received signal strength based mobile positioning via constrained weighted least squares,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Accoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '03), pp. 137–140, April 2003.
- X. Wang, Z. Wang, and B. A. O'Dea, “TOA-based location algorithm reducing the errors due to non-line-of-sight (NLOS) propagation,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 112–116, 2003.