- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 834387, 9 pages
Narrowband-to-Narrowband Frequency Reconfiguration with Harmonic Suppression Using Fractal Dipole Antenna
Department of Communication Engineering, UTM-MIMOS COE for Telecommunication Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 81310 UTM Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Received 4 January 2013; Revised 26 June 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: Tayeb A. Denidni
Copyright © 2013 S. A. Hamzah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Mirkamali, P. S. Hall, and M. Soleimani, “Reconfigurable printed-dipole antenna with harmonic trap for wideband applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 927–929, 2006.
- A. Mirkamali, P. S. Hall, and M. Soleiman, “Wideband frequency reconfiguration of a printed log periodic dipole array,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 861–864, 2010.
- N. P. Chamming, Active antenna bandwidth control using reconfigurable antenna elements [Ph.D. thesis], Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, 2003.
- X.-S. Yang, B.-Z. Wang, and Y. Zhang, “A reconfigurable Hilbert curve patch antenna,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium and USNC/URSI Meeting, pp. 613–616, July 2005.
- W. Wu, B.-Z. Wang, X.-S. Yang, and Y. Zhang, “A pattern-reconfigurable planar fractal antenna and its characteristic-mode analysis,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 68–75, 2007.
- Y. Zhang, B.-Z. Wang, and X.-S. Yang, “Fractal Hilbert microstrip antennas with reconfigurable radiation patterns,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 352–354, 2007.
- D. E. Anagnostou, G. Zheng, M. T. Chryssomallis et al., “Design, fabrication, and measurements of an RF-MEMS-based self-similar reconfigurable antenna,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 422–432, 2006.
- K. J. Vinoy and V. K. Varadan, “Design of reconfigurable fractal antennas and RF MEMS for space based system,” Optical Engineering, vol. 4591, pp. 185–196, 2001.
- H. Lui, B. Z. Wang, and W. Shao, “Dual band bi-directional pattern reconfigurable fractal patch antenna for milimeter wave application,” International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2007.
- J. S. Petko and D. H. Werner, “Miniature reconfigurable three-dimensional fractal tree antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 1945–1956, 2004.
- N. Kingsley, D. E. Anagnostou, M. M. Tentzeris, and J. Papapolymerou, “RF MEMS sequentially reconfigurable sierpinski antenna on a flexible organic substrate with novel DC-biasing technique,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 1185–1192, 2007.
- W. Kang, K. H. Ko, and K. Kim, “A compact beam reconfigurable antenna for symmetric beam switching,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research, vol. 129, pp. 1–16, 2012.
- C. C. Wang, L. T. Chen, and J. S. Row, “Reconfigurable Slot antenna with circular polarization,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research, vol. 34, pp. 101–110, 2012.
- A. H. Ramadan, K. Y. Kabalan, A. El-Hajj, S. Khoury, and M. Al-Husseini, “A reconfigurable U-Koch microstrip antenna for wireless applications,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 93, pp. 355–367, 2009.
- N. Romano, G. Prisco, and F. Soldovieri, “Design of a reconfigurable antenna for ground penetrating radar applications,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 94, pp. 1–18, 2009.
- S. Manafi, S. Nikmehr, and M. Bemani, “A planar reconfigurable multifunctional antenna for WLAN/WiMAX/UWB/PCS-DCS/UMTS applications,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, vol. 26, pp. 123–137, 2012.
- M. Al-Husseini, M. A. Madi, A. H. Ramadan, K. Y. Kabalan, and A. El-Hajj, “A reconfigurable cedar-shaped microstrip antenna for wireless applications,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, vol. 25, pp. 209–221, 2011.
- S. A. Hamzah and M. Esa, “Miniaturized single band microwave fractal dipole antenna and its tunable configuration,” in Proceedings of the of IEEE APS, pp. 1–4, July 2010.