- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 850489, 6 pages
New Configuration of Handset MIMO Antenna for LTE 700 Band Applications
1Department of Wireless Communications Engineering, Kwangwoon University, 447-1 Wolgye-Dong, Nowon-Gu, Seoul 139-701, Republic of Korea
2Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
3Graduate School of NID Fusion Technology, Seoul National University of Technology, 172 Gongneung-2 Dong, Nowon-Gu, Seoul 139-743, Republic of Korea
Received 15 February 2013; Accepted 12 April 2013
Academic Editor: Yuan Yao
Copyright © 2013 Byeonggwi Mun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. J. Foschini, “Layered space-time architecture for wireless communication in a fading environment when using multi-element antennas,” Bell Labs Technical Journal, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 41–59, 1996.
- C. Y. Chiu, C. H. Cheng, R. D. Murch, and C. R. Rowell, “Reduction of mutual coupling between closely-packed antenna elements,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 1732–1738, 2007.
- M. S. Sharawi, S. S. Iqbal, and Y. S. Faouri, “An 800 MHz 2x1 compact MIMO antenna system for LTE handsets,” IEEE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 3128–3131, 2011.
- A. C. K. Mak, C. R. Rowell, and R. D. Murch, “Isolation enhancement between two closely packed antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 3411–3419, 2008.
- A. Diallo, C. Luxey, P. L. Thuc, R. Staraj, and G. Kossiavas, “Study and reduction of the mutual coupling between two mobile phone PIFAs operating in the DCS1800 and UMTS bands,” IEEE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 3063–3074.
- J. Byun, J. H. Jo, and B. Lee, “Compact dual-band diversity antenna for mobile handset applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 2600–2604, 2008.
- B. Yu, C. W. Jung, H. Lee et al., “Closely mounted compact wideband diversity antenna for mobile phone applications,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2012, Article ID 798046, 6 pages, 2012.
- H. Bae, F. J. Harackiewicz, M. J. Park et al., “Compact mobile handset MIMO antenna for LTE700 applications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 2419–2422, 2010.
- B. Kim, Y. Park, H. Wi et al., “Isolation enhancement of USB dongle MIMO antenna in LTE 700 band applications,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 11, pp. 961–964, 2012.
- N. G. Alexopoulos and I. E. Rana, “Mutual impedance computation between printed dipoles,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 106–111, 1981.
- R. G. Vaughan and J. B. Andersen, “Antenna diversity in mobile communications,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 149–172, 1987.
- S. Blanch, J. Romeu, and I. Corbella, “Exact representation of antenna system diversity performance from input parameter description,” Electronics Letters, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 705–707, 2003.
- H. Rhyu, J. Byun, F. J. Harackiewicz et al., “Multi-band hybrid antenna for ultra-thin mobile phone applications,” Electronics Letters, vol. 45, no. 15, pp. 773–774, 2009.