- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 852035, 5 pages
A Novel Triple-Mode Bandpass Filter Based on a Dual-Mode Defected Ground Structure Resonator and a Microstrip Resonator
1School of Information Engineering, East China Jiaotong University, Nanchang 330013, China
2State Key Laboratory of Millimeter Waves, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
3School of Software and Communication Engineering, Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics, Nanchang 330032, China
Received 21 February 2013; Accepted 25 March 2013
Academic Editor: Haiwen Liu
Copyright © 2013 Xuehui Guan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. W. Ren, H. L. Peng, J. F. Mao, and A. M. Gao, “Compact quasi-elliptic wideband bandpass filter using cross-coupled multiple-mode resonator,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 397–399, 2012.
- I. T. H. Wolff, “Microstrip bandpass filter using degenerate modes of a microstrip ring resonator,” Electronics Letters, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 302–303, 1972.
- L. Zhu, P. M. Wecowski, and K. Wu, “New planar dual-mode filter using cross-slotted patch resonator for simultaneous size and loss reduction,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 650–654, 1999.
- J. S. Hong and M. J. Lancaster, “Bandpass characteristics of new dual-mode microstrip square loop resonators,” Electronics Letters, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 891–892, 1995.
- R. Wu and S. Amari, “New triangular microstrip loop resonators for bandpass dual-mode filter applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, pp. 941–944, June 2005.
- R. J. Mao and X. H. Tang, “Novel dual-mode bandpass filters using hexagonal loop resonators,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 54, no. 9, pp. 3526–3533, 2006.
- J. S. Hong and H. Shaman, “Dual-mode microstrip open-loop resonators and filters,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 2099–2109, 1996.
- Z. Q. Cheng, J. Li, X. G. Mao, S. Tan, and J. K. Chen, “Flip-chip integrated oscillator with reduced phase noise and enhanced output power by using DGS,” Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 401–404, 2008.
- A. Boutejdar, A. El-Sherbini, and A. S. Omar, “Method for widening the reject-band in lowpass/bandpass filters by employing coupled C-shaped defected ground structure (DGS),” IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1405–1408, 2008.
- A. Boutejdar, A. Elsherbini, A. Balalem, J. Machac, and A. S. Omar, “Design of new DGS hairpin microstrip bandpass filter using coupling matrix method,” in Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium, pp. 261–265, Prague, Czech Republic, 2007.
- W. Feng, K. Deng, W. Che, and S. Dong, “Novel microstrip bandpass filter based on defected ground structure and slotline coupling techniques,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 4–6, 2010.
- A. Mohan and A. Biswas, “Dual-band bandpass filter using defected ground structure,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 475–479, 2009.
- B. Wu, C. H. Liang, P. Y. Qin, and Q. Li, “Compact dual-band filter using defected stepped impedance resonator,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 674–676, 2008.
- Z. Ma, W. He, C. P. Chen, Y. Kobayashi, and T. Anada, “A novel compact ultra-wideband bandpass filter using microstrip stub-loaded dual-mode resonator doublets,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest (MTT '08), pp. 435–438, Atlanta, Ga, USA, June 2008.
- X. Guan, X. Wang, B. Wang, Y. Yuan, and H. W. Liu, “Design and implementation of compact hybrid four-mode bandpass filter with multi-transmission zeros,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters, vol. 34, pp. 65–74, 2012.
- X. Guan, W. Fu, H.-W. Liu, D. Ahn, and J.-S. Lim, “A novel dual-mode bandpass filter based on a defected waveguide resonator,” ETRI Journal, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 953–956, 2011.
- S. Amari, U. Rosenberg, and J. Bornemann, “Adaptive synthesis and design of resonator filters with source/load-multiresonator coupling,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 1969–1978, 2002.