- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 921859, 8 pages
Design of an Ultra-Wideband Transition from Double-Sided Parallel Stripline to Coplanar Waveguide
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Kyungpook National University, Sankyuk-dong, Buk-gu, Daegu 702-701, Republic of Korea
Received 26 October 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Academic Editor: Tat Yeo
Copyright © 2013 Young-Gon Kim and Kang Wook Kim. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Q. Xue, “Double side parallel strip line and its applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Workshop Series on Art of Miniaturizing RF and Microwave Passive Components (IMWS '08), pp. 55–58, December 2008.
- K. C. Gupta, R. Garg, I. Bahl, and P. Bhartia, Microstrip Lines and Slotlines, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 1996.
- S. G. Kim and K. Chang, “Ultrawide-band transitions and new microwave components using double-sided parallel-strip lines,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 2148–2152, 2004.
- G. Q. Liu, L. S. Wu, and W. Y. Yin, “Miniaturised dual-band rat-race coupler based on double-sided parallel stripline,” Electronics Letters, vol. 47, no. 14, pp. 800–802, 2011.
- D. S. Woo, Y. G. Kim, Y. K. Cho, and K. W. Kim, “Ultra-wideband Fermi antenna using microstrip-to-CPS balun,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. E93-B, no. 8, pp. 2219–2222, 2010.
- R. N. Simons, Coplanar Waveguide Circuits, Components and Systems, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- Y. G. Kim, W. Kim, and Y. K. Cho, “An ultra-wideband microstrip-to-CPW transition,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society International Microwave Symposium Digest, pp. 1079–1082, June 2008.
- Y. G. Kim, K. W. Kim, and Y. K. Cho, “A planar ultra-wideband balanced doubler,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society International Microwave Symposium Digest, pp. 1243–1246, 2008.
- J. X. Chen, J. L. Li, and Q. Xue, “Novel via-less double-sided parallel strip line to coplanar waveguide transition,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, pp. 1717–1718, 2007.
- X. Y. Zhang, J. X. Chen, and Q. Xue, “Broadband transition between double-sided parallel-strip line and coplanar waveguide,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 103–105, 2007.
- D. H. Kwon and Y. Kim, “A wideband vertical transition between co-planar waveguide and parallel-strip transmission line,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 591–593, 2005.
- P. L. Carro and J. De Mingo, “Analysis and synthesis of double-sided parallel-strip transitions,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 372–380, 2010.
- J. Svacina, “New method for analysis of microstrip with finite-width ground plane,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 396–399, 2006.
- A. Beyer and I. Wolff, “Finline taper design made easy,” IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society International Microwave Symposium Digest, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 144–147, 1976.
- W. Hilberg, “From approximations to exact relations for characteristic impedance,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 259–265, 1969.
- N. Pesonen, W. K. Kahn, R. A. Allen, M. W. Cresswell, and M. E. Zaghloul, “Application of conformal mapping approximation techniques: Parallel conductors of finite dimensions,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 812–821, 2004.
- A. Bandsal, B. C. Paul, and K. Roy, “An analytical fringe capacitance model for interconnects using conformal mapping,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 2765–2774, 2006.