- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 924768, 6 pages
Planar Ultrawideband Antenna with Photonically Controlled Notched Bands
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, 28031 Madrid, Spain
Received 7 December 2012; Accepted 29 January 2013
Academic Editor: Diego Caratelli
Copyright © 2013 Drasko Draskovic et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Tawk, A. R. Albrecht, S. Hemmady, G. Balkrishnan, and C. G. Christodoulou, “Optically pumped frequency reconfigurable antenna design,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 9, pp. 280–283, 2010.
- Y. Zhang, W. Hong, C. Yu, Z. Q. Kuai, Y. D. Don, and J. Y. Zhou, “Planar ultrawideband antennas with multiple notched bands based on etched slots on the patch and/or split ring resonators on the feed line,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 3063–3068, 2008.
- M. Al-Husseini, J. Costantine, C. G. Christodoulou, S. E. Barbin, A. El-Hajj, and K. Y. Kabalan, “A reconfigurable frequency-notched UWB antenna with split-ring resonators,” in Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC '10), pp. 618–621, December 2010.
- C. J. Panagamuwa, A. Chauraya, and J. C. Vardaxoglou, “Frequency and beam reconfigurable antenna using photoconducting switches,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 449–454, 2006.
- D. H. Auston, “Picosecond optoelectronic switching and gating in silicon,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 101–103, 1975.
- W. Platte, “Spectral dependence of microwave-power transmission in laser-controlled solid-state microstrip switches,” IEE Journal on Solid-State and Electron Devices, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 97–103, 1978.
- J. R. Flemish and R. L. Haupt, “Optimization of a photonically controlled microwave switch and attenuator,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 2582–2588, 2010.
- Y. Horii and M. Tsutsumi, “Scattering parameters of semiconductor microstrip line under laser spot illumination,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, vol. 1–3, pp. 1675–1678, June 1996.
- D. Draskovic, C. Panagamuwa, J. C. Vardaxoglou, and D. Budimir, “Frequency reconfigurable RF circuits using photoconducting switches,” International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 15–21, 2010.
- D. Draskovic, C. Panagamuwa, D. Budimir, and J. C. Vardaxoglou, “Frequency switchable dual-band branch-line couplers,” in Proceedings of the 39th European Microwave Conference (EuMW '09), pp. 133–136, Rome, Italy, October 2009.
- D. Draskovic and D. Budimir, “Optically reconfigurable dual-band compact branch-line couplers,” in Proceedings of the 2nd European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP '07), pp. 11–16, Edinburgh, UK, November 2007.
- K. F. Raihn, N. O. Fenzi, E. R. Soares, and G. L. Matthaei, “Optical switch for high temperature superconducting microwave band reject resonators,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, vol. 1–3, pp. 187–190, May 1995.
- C. H. Lee, P. S. Mak, and A. P. DeFonzo, “Optical control of millimeter-wave propagation in dielectric wave-guides,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 277–288, 1980.