- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 904374, 9 pages
Novel Dual Band Microstrip Circular Patch Antennas Loaded with ENG and MNG Metamaterials
1Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, BUET, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
2Department of ECE, University of British Columbia, Okanagan, BC, Canada
Received 13 September 2013; Accepted 20 November 2013; Published 11 February 2014
Academic Editor: Guo Qing Luo
Copyright © 2014 Md. Ababil Hossain et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Ferdous, A. Hossain, S. M. H. Chowdhury, M. R. C. Mahdy, and M. Abdul, “Reduced and conventional size multi-band circular patch antennas loaded with metamaterials,” IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 768–776, 2013.
- K.-L. Wong and G.-B. Hsieh, “Dual-frequency circular microstrip antenna with a pair of arc-shaped slots,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 410–412, 1998.
- A. Alù, F. Bilotti, N. Engheta, and L. Vegni, “Subwavelength, compact, resonant patch antennas loaded with metamaterials,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 13–25, 2007.
- K. S. Zheng, W. Y. Tam, and D. B. Ge, “Broadside subwavelength microstrip antennas partially loaded with metamaterials,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Metamaterials (META '08), pp. 39–42, Nanjing, China, November 2008.
- F. Bilotti, A. Alu, and L. Vegni, “Design of miniaturized metamaterial patch antennas with μ-negative loading,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 1640–1647, 2008.
- P. Y. Chen and A. Alù, “Sub-wavelength elliptical patch antenna loaded with μ-negative metamaterials,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 2909–2919, 2010.
- J. Pruitt and D. Strickland, “Experimental exploration of metamaterial substrate design for an electrically small patch-like antenna,” in Proceedings of the Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (APSURSI '10), IEEE, July 2010.
- S. Jahani, J. Rashed-Mohassel, and M. Shahabadi, “Miniaturization of circular patch antennas using MNG metamaterials,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 9, pp. 1194–1196, 2010.
- J. Xiong, H. Li, B. Z. Wang, Y. Jin, and S. He, “Theoretical investigation of rectangular patch antenna miniaturization based on the DPS-ENG bi-layer super-slow TM wave,” Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 118, pp. 379–396, 2011.
- M. R. C. Mahdy, M. R. A. Zuboraj, A. A. N. Ovi, and M. A. Matin, “An idea of additional modified modes in rectangular patch antennas loaded with metamaterial,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 10, pp. 869–872, 2011.
- M. Hassan, M. R. C. Mahdy, G. M. Hasan, and L. Akter, “A novelminiaturized triple-band antenna,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE '12), pp. 702–705, Dhaka, Bangladesh, December 2012.
- CST Microwave Studio, CST of America, http://www.cst.com.
- S. M. H. Chowdhury, M. A. Hossain, M. S. Ferdous, M. R. Chowdhury Mahdy, and M. A. Matin, “Conceptual and practical realizationof reduced size multi-band circular microstrip patch antenna loaded with MNGmetamaterial,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE '12), pp. 834–837, Dhaka, Bangladesh, December 2012.