- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Breast Cancer
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 235926, 8 pages
Electric Field Analysis of Breast Tumor Cells
1Anna University, Chennai 600 025, India
2Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Received 6 June 2011; Revised 30 August 2011; Accepted 30 August 2011
Academic Editor: E. Y. K. Ng
Copyright © 2011 V. Gowri Sree et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Gehl and P. F. Geertsen, “Efficient palliation of haemorrhaging malignant melanoma skin metastases by electrochemotherapy,” Melanoma Research, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 585–589, 2000.
- A. Gothelf, L. M. Mir, and J. Gehl, “Electrochemotherapy: results of cancer treatment using enhanced delivery of bleomycin by electroporation,” Cancer Treatment Reviews, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 371–387, 2003.
- L. M. Mir, M. Belehradek, C. Domenge et al., “Electrochemotherapy, a novel antitumor treatment: first clinical trial,” Comptes Rendus de l'Academie des Sciences—Serie III, vol. 313, no. 13, pp. 613–618, 1991.
- G. A. Hofmann and S. B. Dev, “Electroporation: from research laboratories to clinical practice,” in Proceedings of the 15th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 1420–1421, October 1993.
- E. Y. K. Ng and W. K. Ng, “Parametric study of the biopotential equation for breast tumour identification using ANOVA and Taguchi method,” Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, vol. 44, no. 1-2, pp. 131–139, 2006.
- H. P. Schwan, “Dielectric properties of cells and tissues,” in Interactions between Electromagnetic Fields and Cells, A. Chiabrera, C. Nicolin, and H. P. Schwan, Eds., Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- E. Y. K. Ng, W. K. Ng, L. S. J. Sim, and U. Rajendra Acharya, “Numerical modelling of biopotential field for detection of breast tumour,” Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 1121–1132, 2007.
- E. Y. K. Ng, W. K. Ng, and U. R. Acharya, “Biofield potential simulation as a novel adjunt modality for continuous monitoring of breast lesions: a 3D numerical model,” Journal of Medical Engineering and Technology, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 40–52, 2008.
- A. J. Surowiec, S. S. Stuchly, J. R. Barr, and A. Swarup, “Dielectric properties of breast carcinoma and the surrounding tissues,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 257–263, 1988.
- A. Ramos, “Effect of the electroporation in the field calculation in biological tissues,” Artificial Organs, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 510–513, 2005.
- S. Haltiwanger, “The Electrical Properties of cancer Cells,” http://www.royalrife.com/haltiwanger1.pdf, July 2010.
- R. P. Joshi and K. H. Schoenbach, “Electroporation dynamics in biological cells subjected to ultrafast electrical pulses: a numerical simulation study,” Physical Review E, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 1025–1033, 2000.
- R. P. Joshi, Q. Hu, R. Aly, K. H. Schoenbach, and H. P. Hjalmarson, “Self-consistent simulations of electroporation dynamics in biological cells subjected to ultrashort electrical pulses,” Physical Review E, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 011913/1–011913/10, 2001.
- G. A. Hofmann, “Instrumentation and electrodes for in vivo electroporation,” in Electrochemotherapy, Electrogenetherapy, and Transdermal Drug Delivery, M. J. Jaroszeski, R. Heller, and R. Gilbert, Eds., Humana Press, 2000.
- W. Mitchell and R. Sundararajan, “Electric field distribution in biological tissues for various electrode configurations—a FEMLAB study,” COMSOL Multiphysics, Boston, Mass, USA, 2005.