- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Breast Cancer
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 506868, 9 pages
Weight Gain, Metabolic Syndrome, and Breast Cancer Recurrence: Are Dietary Recommendations Supported by the Data?
1Department of Radiation Oncology, Kimmel Cancer Center and Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
2Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
Received 27 April 2012; Accepted 27 August 2012
Academic Editor: Anne Rosenberg
Copyright © 2012 Colin E. Champ et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Angela Kim, Keith Scharf, Maheswari Senthil, Naveenraj Solomon, Carlos Garberoglio, and Sharon S. Lum, “The prevalence of overweight and obesity in a breast clinic population: consideration for weight loss as a therapeutic intervention,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2013.
- Brittany A Simone, Colin E Champ, Anne L Rosenberg, Adam C Berger, Daniel A Monti, Adam P Dicker, and Nicole L Simone, “Selectively starving cancer cells through dietary manipulation: methods and clinical implications,” Future Oncology, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 959–976, 2013.
- Lee W. Jones, “Energy Balance and Metabolism After Cancer Treatment,” Seminars in Oncology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 745–756, 2013.
- Emily S. Tonorezos, and Lee W. Jones, “Energy Balance and Metabolism After Cancer Treatment,” Seminars in Oncology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 745–756, 2013.
- Mika Hilvo, Stephan Gade, Tuulia Hyötyläinen, Valentina Nekljudova, Tuulikki Seppänen-Laakso, Marko Sysi-Aho, Michael Untch, Jens Huober, Gunter von Minckwitz, Carsten Denkert, Matej Orešič, and Sibylle Loibl, “Monounsaturated fatty acids in serum triacylglycerols are associated with response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer patients,” International Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Mei-Chi Hsu, Kuo-Ting Lee, Wei-Chiang Hsiao, Chih-Hsing Wu, Hung-Yu Sun, I-Ling Lin, and Kung-Chia Young, “The dyslipidemia-associated SNP on the APOA1/C3/A5 gene cluster predicts post-surgery poor outcome in Taiwanese breast cancer patients: a 10-year follow-up study,” BMC Cancer, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 330, 2013.
- Dominic P. D'Agostino, Angela M. Poff, Csilla Ari, and Thomas N. Seyfried, “The Ketogenic Diet and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Prolong Survival in Mice with Systemic Metastatic Cancer,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 6, 2013.
- L. Gomez Flores-Ramos, A. Escoto-De Dios, A. M. Puebla-Perez, L. E. Figuera-Villanueva, A. Ramos-Silva, R. Ramirez-Patino, J. I. Delgado-Saucedo, E. Salas-Gonzalez, G. M. Zuniga-Gonzalez, A. Alonzo-Rojo, I. Gutierrez-Hurtado, and M. P. Gallegos-Arreola, “Association of the tumor necrosis factor-alpha-308G > A polymorphism with breast cancer in Mexican women,” Genetics and Molecular Research, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 5680–5693, 2013.
- Eugene J Fine, and Richard David Feinman, “Insulin, carbohydrate restriction, metabolic syndrome and cancer,” Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Guojiang Jin, Yan Zhao, Shuang Sun, and Hui Kang, “Association between the tumor necrosis factor alpha gene −308G> A polymorphism and the risk of breast cancer: a meta-analysis,” Tumor Biology, 2014.
- Carolina Pereira Zuconi, Ana Lígia Ceolin Alves, and Maria Isabel Toulson Davisson Correia, “Energy Expenditure in Women with Breast Cancer,” Nutrition, 2014.
- Gregory A. Plotnikoff, “Introduction: What to Eat When You Can't Eat,” Global Advances in Health and Medicine, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 56–72, 2014.
- Rainer J. Klement, and Colin E. Champ, “Calories, carbohydrates, and cancer therapy with radiation: exploiting the five R’s through dietary manipulation,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, 2014.
- Sagar Ghosh, Daniel Hughes, Dorothy Long Parma, Amelie Ramirez, and Rong Li, “Association of obesity and circulating adipose stromal cells among breast cancer survivors,” Molecular Biology Reports, 2014.
- Colin E. Champ, Joshua D. Palmer, Jeff S. Volek, Maria Werner-Wasik, David W. Andrews, James J. Evans, Jon Glass, Lyndon Kim, and Wenyin Shi, “Targeting metabolism with a ketogenic diet during the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, 2014.
- Amanda Schech, Stephen Yu, Olga Goloubeva, John McLenithan, and Gauri Sabnis, “A nude mouse model of obesity to study the mechanisms of resistance to aromatase inhibitors,” Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 645–656, 2015.
- Hui-Hui Li, Hui Zhu, Li-Sheng Liu, Yong Huang, Jun Guo, Jie Li, Xin-Ping Sun, Chun-Xiao Chang, Zhe-Hai Wang, and Kan Zhai, “Tumour Necrosis Factor-α Gene Polymorphism Is Associated with Metastasis in Patients with Triple Negative Breast Cancer,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, pp. 10244, 2015.
- Ghim Siong Ow, and Vladimir A. Kuznetsov, “Multiple signatures of a disease in potential biomarker space: Getting the signatures consensus and identification of novel biomarkers,” Bmc Genomics, vol. 16, 2015.
- Rainer J. Klement, and Reinhart A. Sweeney, “Impact of a ketogenic diet intervention during radiotherapy on body composition: I. Initial clinical experience with six prospectively studied patients,” BMC Research Notes, vol. 9, no. 1, 2016.
- Colin E. Champ, Lanie Francis, Rainer J. Klement, Roger Dickerman, and Ryan P. Smith, “Fortifying the Treatment of Prostate Cancer with Physical Activity,” Prostate Cancer, vol. 2016, pp. 1–11, 2016.