- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Breast Cancer
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 506868, 9 pages
Weight Gain, Metabolic Syndrome, and Breast Cancer Recurrence: Are Dietary Recommendations Supported by the Data?
1Department of Radiation Oncology, Kimmel Cancer Center and Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
2Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
Received 27 April 2012; Accepted 27 August 2012
Academic Editor: Anne Rosenberg
Copyright © 2012 Colin E. Champ et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Angela Kim, Keith Scharf, Maheswari Senthil, Naveenraj Solomon, Carlos Garberoglio, and Sharon S. Lum, “The prevalence of overweight and obesity in a breast clinic population: consideration for weight loss as a therapeutic intervention,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2013.
- Brittany A Simone, Colin E Champ, Anne L Rosenberg, Adam C Berger, Daniel A Monti, Adam P Dicker, and Nicole L Simone, “Selectively starving cancer cells through dietary manipulation: methods and clinical implications,” Future Oncology, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 959–976, 2013.
- Lee W. Jones, “Energy Balance and Metabolism After Cancer Treatment,” Seminars in Oncology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 745–756, 2013.
- Mika Hilvo, Stephan Gade, Tuulia Hyötyläinen, Valentina Nekljudova, Tuulikki Seppänen-Laakso, Marko Sysi-Aho, Michael Untch, Jens Huober, Gunter von Minckwitz, Carsten Denkert, Matej Orešič, and Sibylle Loibl, “Monounsaturated fatty acids in serum triacylglycerols are associated with response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer patients,” International Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Mei-Chi Hsu, Kuo-Ting Lee, Wei-Chiang Hsiao, Chih-Hsing Wu, Hung-Yu Sun, I-Ling Lin, and Kung-Chia Young, “The dyslipidemia-associated SNP on the APOA1/C3/A5 gene cluster predicts post-surgery poor outcome in Taiwanese breast cancer patients: a 10-year follow-up study,” BMC Cancer, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 330, 2013.
- Dominic P. D'Agostino, Angela M. Poff, Csilla Ari, and Thomas N. Seyfried, “The Ketogenic Diet and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Prolong Survival in Mice with Systemic Metastatic Cancer,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 6, 2013.
- L. Gomez Flores-Ramos, A. Escoto-De Dios, A. M. Puebla-Perez, L. E. Figuera-Villanueva, A. Ramos-Silva, R. Ramirez-Patino, J. I. Delgado-Saucedo, E. Salas-Gonzalez, G. M. Zuniga-Gonzalez, A. Alonzo-Rojo, I. Gutierrez-Hurtado, and M. P. Gallegos-Arreola, “Association of the tumor necrosis factor-alpha-308G > A polymorphism with breast cancer in Mexican women,” Genetics and Molecular Research, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 5680–5693, 2013.
- Eugene J Fine, and Richard David Feinman, “Insulin, carbohydrate restriction, metabolic syndrome and cancer,” Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Guojiang Jin, Yan Zhao, Shuang Sun, and Hui Kang, “Association between the tumor necrosis factor alpha gene −308G> A polymorphism and the risk of breast cancer: a meta-analysis,” Tumor Biology, 2014.
- Carolina Pereira Zuconi, Ana Lígia Ceolin Alves, and Maria Isabel Toulson Davisson Correia, “Energy Expenditure in Women with Breast Cancer,” Nutrition, 2014.
- Gregory A. Plotnikoff, “Introduction: What to Eat When You Can't Eat,” Global Advances in Health and Medicine, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 56–72, 2014.
- Rainer J. Klement, and Colin E. Champ, “Calories, carbohydrates, and cancer therapy with radiation: exploiting the five R’s through dietary manipulation,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, 2014.
- Sagar Ghosh, Daniel Hughes, Dorothy Long Parma, Amelie Ramirez, and Rong Li, “Association of obesity and circulating adipose stromal cells among breast cancer survivors,” Molecular Biology Reports, 2014.
- Colin E. Champ, Joshua D. Palmer, Jeff S. Volek, Maria Werner-Wasik, David W. Andrews, James J. Evans, Jon Glass, Lyndon Kim, and Wenyin Shi, “Targeting metabolism with a ketogenic diet during the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, 2014.