- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomedical Imaging
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 636240, 11 pages
Segmentation of Pulmonary Vascular Trees from Thoracic 3D CT Images
Iowa Institute for Biomedical Imaging, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Received 3 July 2009; Accepted 23 September 2009
Academic Editor: M. Jiang
Copyright © 2009 Hidenori Shikata et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bashar, Morit, and Kobayashi, “Automatic segmentation of abdominal blood vessels from contrasted X-ray CT images,” ICECE 2010 - 6th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, pp. 187–190, 2010.
- Klaus Drechsler, and Cristina Oyarzun Laura, “Comparison of vesselness functions for multiscale analysis of the liver vasculature,” Proceedings of the IEEE/EMBS Region 8 International Conference on Information Technology Applications in Biomedicine, ITAB, 2010.
- Prashant K. Rohatgi, “Radiological evaluation of interstitial lung disease,” Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 337–345, 2011.
- Pinyo Taeprasartsit, and William E. Higgins, “Robust method for extracting the pulmonary vascular trees from 3D MDCT images,” Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging - Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 7962, 2011.
- Oleksandr P. Dzyubak, and Erik L. Ritman, “Automation of Hessian-Based Tubularity Measure Response Function in 3D Biomedical Images,” International Journal of Biomedical Imaging, vol. 2011, pp. 1–16, 2011.
- Jingzhe Liu, Qingyu Wu, Yufeng Xu, Yan Bai, Zhibo Liu, Hongyin Li, and Jiemin Zhu, “Assessment of pulmonary vasculature volume with automated threshold-based 3D quantitative CT volumetry: In vitro and in vivo validation,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 81, no. 5, pp. 1040–1044, 2012.
- Kai Ding, Kunlin Cao, Matthew K. Fuld, Kaifang Du, Gary E. Christensen, Eric A. Hoffman, and Joseph M. Reinhardt, “Comparison of image registration based measures of regional lung ventilation from dynamic spiral CT with Xe-CT,” Medical Physics, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 5084, 2012.
- Eva M van Rikxoort, and Bram van Ginneken, “Automated segmentation of pulmonary structures in thoracic computed tomography scans: a review,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 58, no. 17, pp. R187–R220, 2013.
- Yik Ching Lee, Alys R. Clark, Matthew K. Fuld, Susan Haynes, Abhay A. Divekar, Eric A. Hoffman, and Merryn H. Tawhai, “MDCT-based quantification of porcine pulmonary arterial morphometry and sel f-similarity of arterial branching geometry,” Journal Of Applied Physiology, vol. 114, no. 9, pp. 1191–1201, 2013.
- Seyoun Park, Sang Min Lee, Namkug Kim, Joon Beom Seo, and Hayong Shin, “Automatic reconstruction of the arterial and venous trees on volumetric chest CT,” Medical Physics, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 071906, 2013.
- M. Orkisz, M. Hernández Hoyos, V. Pérez Romanello, C. Pérez Romanello, J.C. Prieto, and C. Revol-Muller, “Segmentation of the pulmonary vascular trees in 3D CT images using variational region-growing,” Irbm, 2014.
- Teng Moua, Srinivasan Rajagopalan, Ronald A. Karwoski, Sushravya Raghunath, Paul A. Decker, Thomas E. Hartman, Brian J. Bartholmai, Richard A. Robb, and Jay H. Ryu, “Automated quantification of radiological patterns predicts survival in idio pathic pulmonary fibrosis,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 204–212, 2014.