- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomedical Imaging
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 196460, 7 pages
Gas Discharge Visualization: An Imaging and Modeling Tool for Medical Biometrics
1Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
2Department of Communicative Disorders, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
3Department of Computer Science, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
4Department of Biology, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
Received 23 June 2010; Revised 23 January 2011; Accepted 13 February 2011
Academic Editor: Yue Wang
Copyright © 2011 Nataliya Kostyuk et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Biometrics Identity Management Agency, “Types of Biometrics,” 2010, http://www.biometrics.dod.mil/References/Tutorial/3.aspx.
- A. Kumar, D. C. M. Wong, H. C. Shen, and A. K. Jain, “Personal authentication using hand images,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 27, no. 13, pp. 1478–1486, 2006.
- Homeland Security, 2010, http://www.globalsecurity.org/security/systems/biometrics-eye_scan.htm.
- X. Xie and K. M. Lam, “Facial expression recognition based on shape and texture,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 1003–1011, 2009.
- F. Tsalakanidou and S. Malassiotis, “Real-time 2D+3D facial action and expression recognition,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 1763–1775, 2010.
- S. Gold, “Voice biometrics: real-world issues and solution,” Biometric Technology Today, vol. 2010, no. 5, pp. 6–7, 2010.
- Biometrics Newsportal, 2010, http://www.biometricnewsportal.com/dna_biometrics.asp.
- M. C. Fairhurst, “New perspectives in automatic signature verification,” Information Security Technical Report, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 52–59, 1998.
- E. Yu and S. Cho, “Keystroke dynamics identity verification—its problems and practical solutions,” Computers & Security, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 428–440, 2004.
- K. Bashir, T. Xiang, and S. Gong, “Gait recognition without subject cooperation,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 31, no. 13, pp. 2052–2060, 2010.
- International Conference on Medical Biometrics, 2010, http://www4.comp.polyu.edu.hk/~icbd/.
- C. M. Verwoerd-Dikkeboom, A. H. J. Koning, W. C. Hop, P. J. van der Spek, N. Exalto, and E. A. P. Steegers, “Innovative virtual reality measurements for embryonic growth and development,” Human Reproduction, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1404–1410, 2010.
- O. Al-Jabrah, R. Al-Shammout, W. El-Naji, M. Al-Ajarmeh, and A. H. Al-Quran, “Gender differences in the amount of gingival display during smiling using two intraoral dental biometric measurements,” Journal of Prosthodontics, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 286–293, 2010.
- J. Subramanian and R. Simon, “Gene expression-based prognostic signatures in lung cancer: ready for clinical use?” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 102, no. 7, pp. 464–474, 2010.
- K. G. Korotkov, P. Matravers, D. V. Orlov, and B. O. Williams, “Application of electrophoton capture (EPC) analysis based on gas discharge visualization (GDV) technique in medicine: a systematic review,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 13–25, 2010.
- E. V. Krizhanovskyy, S. A. Korotkina, and K. G. Korotkov, “Role of the human central nervous system in the formation of the glow of the skin in high intensity electromagnetic field,” in Proceedings of the IXth Annual International Congress “Science, Information, Spirit”, Saint Petersburg, Russia, July 2005.
- B. Williams, “How does gas discharge visualization technique assess a body? Emerging models of energy and control in biophysics and physiology,” in Proceedings of the 18th IEEE Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, pp. 446–448, Saint Petersburg, Russia, June 2005.
- H. Cohly, N. Kostyuk, R. Isokpehi, and R. Rajnarayanan, “Bio-electrographic method for preventive health care,” in Proceedings of the 1st IEEE Annual Bioscience and Biotechnology Conference, 2009.
- K. G. Korotkov, Human Energy Field: Study with GDV Bioelectrography, Backbone Publishing, Fair Lawn, NJ, USA, 2002.
- J. A. Olalde Rangel and O. del Castillo, “Report on the first international congress on systemic medicine, gas discharge visualization (GDV) and electro-oncotherapy (ECT),” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 255–256, 2005.
- R. J. Vepchvadze, A. O. Gagua, E. G. Gedevanishvili, et al., “Results of clinical and bioelectrographical research in oncology,” in Proceedings of the International Congress on Science Information Spirit, pp. 8–9, 2000.
- N. Meghanathan, N. Kostyuk, H. H. P. Cohly, and R. Isokpehi, “Quadrant-based modeling for assessing functional state of human organ systems,” in Proceedings of the 7th Annual Conference of the Mid-South Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Society (MCBIOS '10), p. 98, Jonesboro, Ark, USA, February 2010.
- N. Kostyuk, R. V. Rajnarayanan, R. D. Isokpehi, and H. H. Cohly, “Autism from a biometric perspective,” International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 1984–1995, 2010.
- N. Meghanathan, N. Kostyuk, R. Isokpehi, and H. H. P. Cohly, “Clustering model to identify biological signatures for English language anxiety,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Annual ORNL Biomedical Science and Engineering Conference (BSEC '10), Oakridge, Tenn, USA, May 2010.