- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomedical Imaging
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 803607, 12 pages
Heterogeneous Breast Phantom Development for Microwave Imaging Using Regression Models
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of North Dakota, 243 Centennial Drive, Uspon Hall II, Room 160, Grand Forks, ND 58202-7165, USA
Received 15 September 2011; Revised 4 January 2012; Accepted 19 January 2012
Academic Editor: Lihong Connie Li
Copyright © 2012 Camerin Hahn and Sima Noghanian. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Salvador and G. Vecchi, “Experimental tests of microwave breast cancer detection on phantoms,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 1705–1712, 2009.
- J. M. Sill and E. C. Fear, “Tissue sensing adaptive radar for breast cancer detection-experimental investigation of simple tumor models,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 3312–3319, 2005.
- P. M. Meaney, N. K. Yagnamurthy, and K. D. Paulsen, “Pre-scaled two-parameter Gauss-Newton image reconstruction to reduce property recovery imbalance,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 1101–1119, 2002.
- M. Klemm, J. A. Leendertz, D. Gibbins, I. J. Craddock, A. Preece, and R. Benjamin, “Microwave radar-based breast cancer detection: imaging in inhomogeneous breast phantoms,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 8, Article ID 5337879, pp. 1349–1352, 2009.
- M. Ostadrahimi, R. Reopelle, S. Noghanian, S. Pistorius, A. Vahedi, and F. Safari, “A heterogeneous breast phantom for microwave breast imaging,” in Proceedings of the 31st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society: Engineering the Future of Biomedicine (EMBC '09), pp. 2727–2730, Minneapolis, Minn, USA, September 2009.
- A. Mashal, F. Gao, and S. C. Hagness, “Heterogeneous anthropomorphic phantoms with realistic dielectric properties for microwave breast imaging experiments,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 1896–1902, 2011.
- M. Lazebnik, E. L. Madsen, G. R. Frank, and S. C. Hagness, “Tissue-mimicking phantom materials for narrowband and ultrawideband microwave applications,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 50, no. 18, pp. 4245–4258, 2005.
- M. J. Schroeder, S. Anupama, and R. M. Nelson, “An analysis on the role of water content and state on effective permittivity using mixing formulas,” Journal of Biomechanics, Biomdical, and Biophysical Engineering, vol. 2, no. 1, 2008.
- J. Z. Bao, M. L. Swicord, and C. C. Davis, “Microwave dielectric characterization of binary mixtures of water, methanol, and ethanol,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 104, no. 12, pp. 4441–4450, 1996.
- N. William, Principles of Statistics for Engineers and Scientists, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- D. C. Montgomery, G. C. Runger, and N. F. Hubele, Engineering Statistics, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2007.
- M. Lazebnik, L. McCartney, D. Popovic et al., “A large-scale study of the ultrawideband microwave dielectric properties of normal breast tissue obtained from reduction surgeries,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 2637–2656, 2007.
- S. Gabriel, R. W. Lau, and C. Gabriel, “The dielectric properties of biological tissues: III. Parametric models for the dielectric spectrum of tissues,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 2271–2293, 1996.
- Minitab Inc., Minitab, http://www.minitab.com/en-US/default.aspx, 2010.
- Mathworks, Mathworks, http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/, 2010.