- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 159484, 12 pages
Mineralization Potential of Electrospun PDO-Hydroxyapatite-Fibrinogen Blended Scaffolds
1Tissue Engineering Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University, East Hall, Room E1254, 401 W. Main St, P.O. Box 843067, Richmond, VA 23284-3067, USA
2School of Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298-0566, USA
3Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service, Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23249, USA
4Biomaterials Laboratory, School of Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298-0566, USA
Received 11 May 2012; Accepted 5 July 2012
Academic Editor: Mervi Puska
Copyright © 2012 Isaac A. Rodriguez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Parthasarathy A. Madurantakam, Isaac A. Rodriguez, Koyal Garg, Jennifer M. McCool, Peter C. Moon, and Gary L. Bowlin, “Compression of Multilayered Composite Electrospun Scaffolds: A Novel Strategy to Rapidly Enhance Mechanical Properties and Three Dimensionality of Bone Scaffolds,” Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- N. Goonoo, A. Bhaw-Luximon, and D. Jhurry, “In vitro and in vivo cytocompatibility of electrospun nanofiber scaffolds for tissue engineering applications,” RSC Advances, vol. 4, no. 60, pp. 31618, 2014.
- Nowsheen Goonoo, Archana Bhaw-Luximon, Isaac A. Rodriguez, Gary L. Bowlin, and Dhanjay Jhurry, “Poly(ester-ether)s: I. Investigation of the Properties of Blend Films of Polydioxanone and Poly(methyl dioxanone),” International Journal of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials, vol. 63, no. 10, pp. 527–537, 2014.
- Javier Macossay, Faheem A. Sheikh, Travis Cantu, Thomas M. Eubanks, M. Esther Salinas, Chakavak S. Farhangi, Hassan Ahmad, M. Shamshi Hassan, Myung-seob Khil, Shivani K. Maffi, Hern Kim, and Gary l. Bowlin, “Imaging, Spectroscopic, Mechanical and Biocompatibility Studies of Electrospun Tecoflex® EG 80A Nanofibers and Composites Thereof Containing Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes,” Applied Surface Science, 2014.
- Jennifer M. McCool, Isaac A. Rodriguez, Scott A. Sell, and Yang Han, “A preliminary study on amelogenin-loaded electrospun scaffolds,” Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 32–49, 2014.
- Isaac Rodriguez, Gunjan Saxena, Scott Sell, and Gary Bowlin, “Mineralization and Characterization of Composite Lyophilized Gelatin Sponges Intended for Early Bone Regeneration,” Bioengineering, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 62–84, 2014.
- Nowsheen Goonoo, Archana Bhaw-Luximon, Isaac A. Rodriguez, Daniel Wesner, Holger Schoenherr, Gary L. Bowlin, and Dhanjay Jhurry, “Poly(ester-ether)s: II. Properties of electrospun nanofibres from polydioxanone and poly(methyl dioxanone) blends and human fibroblast cellular proliferation,” Biomaterials Science, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 339–351, 2014.