- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 262890, 6 pages
Exploring the Mechanism of Microarteriogenesis in Porous Silk Fibroin Film
1School of Textile and Clothing Engineering, Soochow University, Suzhou 215021, China
2Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Ueda 386-8567, Japan
Received 8 May 2012; Revised 19 October 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editor: Rosalind Labow
Copyright © 2012 Lun Bai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Bai, D. Wu, J. Xu, et al., “On model of angiogenesis and the mechanism in porous silk fibroin films,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 927–933, 2011.
- L. Bai, B. Q. Zuo, G. P. Guan et al., “On the growth morphous of capillaries and tissue in porous silk fibroin films,” Frontiers of Materials Science in China, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 266–270, 2008.
- L. Bai, J. M. Xu, Q. L. Sun, C. X. Di, and Z. Y. Wu, “Research on the growth density of the capillaries and the configuration of the porous silk fibroin film,” Key Engineering Materials, vol. 342-343, pp. 229–232, 2007.
- J. C. Hershey, E. P. Baskin, J. D. Glass et al., “Revascularization in the rabbit hindlimb: dissociation between capillary sprouting and arteriogenesis,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 618–625, 2001.
- A. Helisch and W. Schaper, “Arteriogenesis: the development and growth of collateral arteries,” Microcirculation, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 83–97, 2003.
- D. Scholz, W. Ito, I. Fleming et al., “Ultrastructure and molecular histology of rabbit hind-limb collateral artery growth (arteriogenesis),” Virchows Archiv, vol. 436, no. 3, pp. 257–270, 2000.
- W. Schaper and W. D. Ito, “Molecular mechanisms of coronary collateral vessel growth,” Circulation Research, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 911–919, 1996.
- I. Larouche and E. L. Schiffrin, “Cardiac microvasculature in DOCA-salt hypertensive rats: effect of endothelin ET(A) receptor antagonism,” Hypertension, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 795–801, 1999.
- F. Hansen-Smith, S. Egginton, A. L. Zhou, and O. Hudlicka, “Growth of arterioles precedes that of capillaries in stretch-induced angiogenesis in skeletal muscle,” Microvascular Research, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 2001.
- T. C. Skalak, R. J. Price, and P. J. Zeller, “Where do new arterioles come from? Mechanical forces and microvessel adaptation,” Microcirculation, vol. 5, no. 2-3, pp. 91–94, 1998.
- R. Flindt, Amazing Numbers in Biology, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
- Y. Zhang, C. Wang, Q. Yang et al., “Establishing an organic model of SMC proliferation with cultured aorta of rats and exploring the underlying mechanism,” Journal of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1405–1410, 2008.
- L. Bai, J. M. Xu, H. F. Liu, et al., “Emerging models of angiogenesis patterns and response effect of endothelial cells,” Fiber Bioengineering and Informatics, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 150–157, 2009.
- L. Bai and K. Bai, “Mechanism of metabolic regulation in the microcirculation and its simulation,” in Proceedings of Frontier in Microcirculation: Control Process and Clinical Applications, pp. 22–23, 2009.