- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 313781, 14 pages
A Preliminary Study on the Potential of Manuka Honey and Platelet-Rich Plasma in Wound Healing
1Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service, Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23249, USA
2Department of Biomedical Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23284, USA
3Department of Biology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23284, USA
4Department of Nursing, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA 23529, USA
5Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Received 28 June 2012; Accepted 30 October 2012
Academic Editor: Traian V. Chirila
Copyright © 2012 Scott A. Sell et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Michael J. McClure, Koyal Garg, David G. Simpson, John J. Ryan, Scott A. Sell, Gary L. Bowlin, and Jeffery J. Ericksen, “The influence of platelet-rich plasma on myogenic differentiation,” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. E239–E249, 2013.
- Rúben F. Pereira, and Paulo J. Bártolo, “Degradation Behavior of Biopolymer-based Membranes for Skin Tissue Regeneration,” Procedia Engineering, vol. 59, pp. 285–291, 2013.
- Ananya Barui, Provas Banerjee, Amrita Chaudhary, Sailesh Conjeti, Bikash Mondal, Susmita Dey, and Jyotirmoy Chatterjee, “Evaluation of angiogenesis in diabetic lower limb wound healing using a natural medicine: A quantitative approach,” Wound Medicine, vol. 6, pp. 26–33, 2014.
- José Alvarez-Suarez, Massimiliano Gasparrini, Tamara Forbes-Hernández, Luca Mazzoni, and Francesca Giampieri, “The Composition and Biological Activity of Honey: A Focus on Manuka Honey,” Foods, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 420–432, 2014.
- Magdalena Buszewska-Forajta, Danuta Siluk, Wiktoria Struck-Lewicka, Joanna Raczak-Gutknecht, Michal J. Markuszewski, and Roman Kaliszan, “Identification of lipid fraction constituents from grasshopper (Chorthippus spp.) abdominal secretion with potential activity in wound healing with the use of GC-MS/MS technique,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 89, pp. 56–66, 2014.
- Isaac Rodriguez, Gunjan Saxena, Scott Sell, and Gary Bowlin, “Mineralization and Characterization of Composite Lyophilized Gelatin Sponges Intended for Early Bone Regeneration,” Bioengineering, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 62–84, 2014.
- Damien P. Kuffler, “Platelet-Rich Plasma Promotes Axon Regeneration, Wound Healing, and Pain Reduction: Fact or Fiction,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2015.
- Amrita Chaudhary, Swarnendu Bag, Mousumi Mandal, Sri Phani Krishna Karri, Ananya Barui, Monika Rajput, Provas Banerjee, Debdoot Sheet, and Jyotirmoy Chatterjee, “Modulating prime molecular Expressions and in vitro wound healing rate in keratinocyte (HaCaT) population under characteristic Honey dilutions,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2015.
- Ashraf M. Abu-Seida, “Effect of Propolis on Experimental Cutaneous Wound Healing in Dogs,” Veterinary Medicine International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–4, 2015.
- Ahmad Oryan, Esmat Alemzadeh, and Ali Moshiri, “Biological Properties and Therapeutic Activities of Honey in Wound Healing: A narrative review and meta-analysis,” Journal of Tissue Viability, 2016.