- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 381535, 5 pages
Effects of Surface Charges on Dental Implants: Past, Present, and Future
Department of Dental Materials Science, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong
Received 20 March 2012; Accepted 12 September 2012
Academic Editor: Carlos Nelson Elias
Copyright © 2012 Cecilia Yan Guo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ying-Sui Sun, Jean-Heng Chang, and Her-Hsiung Huang, “Using submicroporous Ta oxide coatings deposited by a simple hydrolysis-condensation process to increase the biological responses to Ti surface,” Surface and Coatings Technology, 2014.
- Carlos A.H. Laurindo, Ricardo D. Torres, Sachin A. Mali, Jeremy L. Gilbert, and Paulo Soares, “Incorporation of Ca and P on anodized titanium surface: Effect of high current density,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2014.
- Micah Kelly, Richard Williams, Anuriti Aojula, Jenna O'Neill, Zuzanna Trzińscka, Liam Grover, Robert A.H. Scott, Anna F.A. Peacock, Ann Logan, Artemis Stamboulis, and Felicity de Cogan, “Peptide aptamers: Novel coatings for orthopaedic implants,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, vol. 54, pp. 84–93, 2015.
- Guilherme Arthur Longhitano, Maria Aparecida Larosa, Andre Luiz Jardini Munhoz, Cecilia Amelia de Carvalho Zavaglia, and Maria Clara Filippini Ierardi, “Surface Finishes for Ti-6Al-4V Alloy Produced by Direct Metal Laser Sintering,” Materials Research-Ibero-American Journal Of Materials, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 838–842, 2015.
- Letizia Ferroni, Chiara Gardin, Eriberto Bressan, Jose L. Calvo-Guirado, Maurizio Isola, Adriano Piattelli, and Barbara Zavan, “Ionized Ti Surfaces Increase Cell Adhesion Properties of Mesenchymal Stem Cells,” Journal Of Biomaterials And Tissue Engineering, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 417–425, 2015.
- Cecilia Yan Guo, Jukka Pekka Matinlinna, James Kit-Hon Tsoi, and Alexander Tin Hong Tang, “Residual Contaminations of Silicon-Based Glass, Alumina and Aluminum Grits on a Titanium Surface After Sandblasting,” Silicon, 2015.
- A. Jemat, M. J. Ghazali, M. Razali, and Y. Otsuka, “Surface Modifications and Their Effects on Titanium Dental Implants,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Erika S. Ogawa, Adaias O. Matos, Thamara Beline, Isabella S.V. Marques, Cortino Sukotjo, Mathew T. Mathew, Elidiane C. Rangel, Nilson C. Cruz, Marcelo F. Mesquita, Rafael X. Consani, and Valentim A.R. Barão, “Surface-treated commercially pure titanium for biomedical applications: Electrochemical, structural, mechanical and chemical characterizations,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2016.
- A Sharonova, K Loza, M Surmeneva, R Surmenev, O Prymak, and M Epple, “Synthesis of positively and negatively charged silver nanoparticles and their deposition on the surface of titanium,” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 116, pp. 012009, 2016.
- Gabriela Strnad, Nicolae Chirila, Cecilia Petrovan, and Octav Russu, “Contact Angle Measurement on Medical Implant Titanium Based Biomaterials,” Procedia Technology, vol. 22, pp. 946–953, 2016.