- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 915620, 10 pages
Perfusion Flow Enhances Osteogenic Gene Expression and the Infiltration of Osteoblasts and Endothelial Cells into Three-Dimensional Calcium Phosphate Scaffolds
1Department of Biomedical Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 1400 Townsend, Houghton, MI 49931, USA
2School of Forestry and Natural Resources and Department of Genetics, The University of Georgia, 111 Riverbend Road, Athens, GA 30602, USA
3Department of Mechanical Engineering, Colorado State University, 1602 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Received 13 March 2012; Accepted 4 July 2012
Academic Editor: Giovanni Vozzi
Copyright © 2012 Matthew J. Barron et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hye-Rim Lee, Han-Jun Kim, Ji-Seung Ko, Yong-Suk Choi, Myun-Whan Ahn, Sukyoung Kim, and Sun Hee Do, “Comparative Characteristics of Porous Bioceramics for an Osteogenic Response In Vitro and In Vivo,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 12, 2013.
- Zhi-yuan Xing, Ji-bo Zhang, Ling-ju Kong, Jian-sheng Liu, and De-yu Zheng, “Combination of cryopreserved hydroxyapatite/bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells repairs rabbit radial defects,” Chinese Journal of Tissue Engineering Research, vol. 17, no. 25, pp. 4629–4636, 2013.
- Emmet M. Thompson, Amos Matsiko, Eric Farrell, Daniel J. Kelly, and Fergal J. O'Brien, “ Recapitulating endochondral ossification: a promising route to in vivo bone regeneration ,” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2014.
- Jin-Ling Ma, Jeroen J. J. P. van den Beucken, Ju-Li Pan, Fu-Zhai Cui, and Su Chen, “Bone regeneration using coculture of mesenchymal stem cells and angiogenic cells,” Frontiers of Materials Science, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 32–38, 2014.
- Claudia Kleinhans, Ramkumar Ramani Mohan, Gabriele Vacun, Thomas Schwarz, Barbara Haller, Yang Sun, Alexander Kahlig, Petra Kluger, Anna Finne-Wistrand, Heike Walles, and Jan Hansmann, “A perfusion bioreactor system efficiently generates cell-loaded bone substitute materials for addressing critical size bone defects,” Biotechnology Journal, 2015.
- Divya Ramchandani, and Georg F. Weber, “Interactions between Osteopontin Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor: Implications for Cancer,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Reviews on Cancer, 2015.
- Divya Ramchandani, and Georg F. Weber, “Interactions between osteopontin and vascular endothelial growth factor: Implications for skeletal disorders,” Bone, vol. 81, pp. 7–15, 2015.
- Neda S. T. Hozhabri, M. Douglas Benson, Michael D. Vu, Rinkesh H. Patel, Rebecca M. Martinez, Fatemeh N. Nakhaie, Harry K. W. Kim, and Venu G. Varanasi, “Decreasing NF-kappa B Expression Enhances Odontoblastic Differentiation and Collagen Expression in Dental Pulp Stem Cells Exposed to Inflammatory Cyto,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 1, 2015.