- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 396056, 9 pages
The Use of Porous Scaffold as a Tumor Model
1Department of Radiation Oncology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
2Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
3The Institute of Biomedical Engineering and Technology, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
4Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Central Clinical School, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
5Discipline of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Richmond, NSW 2751, Australia
6Cancer Pathology, Bosch Institute, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Received 8 April 2013; Revised 12 August 2013; Accepted 12 August 2013
Academic Editor: Bikramjit Basu
Copyright © 2013 Mei Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Salah-Eddine Lamhamedi-Cherradi, Marco Santoro, Vandhana Ramammoorthy, Brian A. Menegaz, Geoffrey Bartholomeusz, Lakesla R. Iles, Hesham M. Amin, Andrew J. Livingston, Antonios G. Mikos, and Joseph A. Ludwig, “3D Tissue-Engineered Model of Ewing Sarcoma,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 2014.
- Yang Xia, Sha-Sha Peng, Li-Zhe Xie, Xiao-Jie Lian, Xiao-Jun Zhang, Han Cui, Tian-Xi Song, Fei-Min Zhang, Ning Gu, and Fu-Zhai Cui, “A novel combination of nano-scaffolds with micro-scaffolds to mimic extracellularmatrices improve osteogenesis,” Journal of Biomaterials Applications, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 59–71, 2014.
- Claudio R. Thoma, Miriam Zimmermann, Irina Agarkova, Jens M. Kelm, and Wilhelm Krek, “3D cell culture systems modeling tumor growth determinants in cancer target discovery,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 2014.
- Ferdinand Ruedinger, Antonina Lavrentieva, Cornelia Blume, Iliyana Pepelanova, and Thomas Scheper, “Hydrogels for 3D mammalian cell culture: a starting guide for laboratory practice,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2014.
- Yamin Yang, Xiaochuan Yang, Jin Zou, Chao Jia, Yue Hu, Henry Du, and Hongjun Wang, “Evaluation of photodynamic therapy efficiency using an in vitro three-dimensional microfluidic breast cancer tissue model,” Lab Chip, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 735–744, 2014.
- Mei Zhang, Barbara Rose, C. Soon Lee, and Angela M. Hong, “ In vitro three-dimensional tumor model for radiosensitivity of HPV positive OSCC cell lines ,” Cancer Biology & Therapy, pp. 00–00, 2015.
- Bano Subia, Tuli Dey, Shaily Sharma, and Subhas C. Kundu, “Target Specific Delivery of Anticancer Drug in Silk Fibroin Based 3D Distribution Model of Bone-Breast Cancer Cells,” Acs Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 2269–2279, 2015.
- Vítor E. Santo, Marta F. Estrada, Sofia P. Rebelo, Sofia C. Abreu, Inês M. Silva, Catarina Pinto, Susana C. Veloso, Ana Teresa Serra, Erwin Boghaert, Paula M. Alves, and Catarina Brito, “Adaptable stirred-tank culture strategies for large scale production of multicellular spheroid-based tumor cell models,” Journal of Biotechnology, 2016.