- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Biomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 782549, 16 pages
Engineering a Biocompatible Scaffold with Either Micrometre or Nanometre Scale Surface Topography for Promoting Protein Adsorption and Cellular Response
1Murdoch Applied Nanotechnology Research Group, Department of Physics, Energy Studies and Nanotechnology, School of Engineering and Energy, Murdoch University, Murdoch, WA 6150, Australia
2Division of Health Sciences, School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Murdoch University, Murdoch, WA 6150, Australia
Received 12 June 2012; Revised 2 November 2012; Accepted 13 December 2012
Academic Editor: Rosalind Labow
Copyright © 2013 Xuan Le et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mitsuhiro Ebara, Masanori Akimoto, Koichiro Uto, Kota Shiba, Genki Yoshikawa, and Takao Aoyagi, “Focus on The Interlude Between Topographic Transition and Cell Response on Shape-memory Surfaces,” Polymer, 2014.
- Nadomir Gusic, Alan Ivkovic, John VaFaye, Andreja Vukasovic, Jana Ivkovic, Damir Hudetz, and Sasa Jankovic, “Nanobiotechnology and bone regeneration: a mini-review,” International Orthopaedics, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 1877–1884, 2014.
- Nima Momtahan, Sivaprasad Sukavaneshvar, Beverly L. Roeder, and Alonzo D. Cook, “Strategies and Processes to Decellularize and Recellularize Hearts to Generate Functional Organs and Reduce the Risk of Thrombosis,” Tissue Engineering Part B: Reviews, pp. 140916080649007, 2014.
- Cheryl T. Gomillion, Rubinder Kaur Lakhman, Rajeswari M. Kasi, R. A. Weiss, Liisa T. Kuhn, and A. Jon Goldberg, “Lithium-end-capped polylactide thin films influence osteoblast progenitor cell differentiation and mineralization,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2014.
- Aleesha M. McCormick, Murthy V. S. N. Maddipatla, Shuojia Shi, Elaheh A. Chamsaz, Hiroshi Yokoyama, Abraham Joy, and Nic D. Leipzig, “Micropatterned Coumarin Polyester Thin Films Direct Neurite Orientation,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, pp. 141107111922001, 2014.
- Choon Peng Teng, Khine Yi Mya, Khin Yin Win, Chee Chuan Yeo, Michelle Low, Chaobin He, and Ming-Yong Han, “Star-shaped polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane-polycaprolactone-polyurethane as biomaterials for tissue engineering application,” Npg Asia Materials, vol. 6, 2014.
- Imali A. Mudunkotuwa, Alaa Al Minshid, and Vicki H. Grassian, “ATR-FTIR spectroscopy as a tool to probe surface adsorption on nanoparticles at the liquid–solid interface in environmentally and biologically relevant media,” The Analyst, vol. 139, no. 5, pp. 870, 2014.
- Agata Przekora, Aleksandra Benko, Marta Blazewicz, and Grazyna Ginalska, “ Hybrid chitosan/ β -1,3-glucan matrix of bone scaffold enhances osteoblast adhesion, spreading and proliferation via promotion of serum protein adsorption ,” Biomedical Materials, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 045001, 2016.
- Anni Maattanen, Petri Ihalainen, Bjorn Torngren, Emil Rosqvist, Markus Pesonen, and Jouko Peltonen, “Hierarchically structured self-supported latex films for flexible and semi-transparent electronics,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 364, pp. 37–44, 2016.
- Xiaoyan Song, Tao Li, Bowen Cheng, and Jinfeng Xing, “POSS–PU electrospinning nanofibers membrane with enhanced blood compatibility,” RSC Adv., vol. 6, no. 70, pp. 65756–65762, 2016.
- Stefania Corvaglia, Sol Rodriguez, Giuseppe Bardi, Fernando G. Torres, and Daniel Lopez, “Chitin whiskers reinforced carrageenan films as low adhesion cell substrates,” International Journal Of Polymeric Materials And Polymeric Biomaterials, vol. 65, no. 11, pp. 574–580, 2016.