- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Corrosion
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 491564, 11 pages
Electrochemical Noise Chaotic Analysis of NiCoAg Alloy in Hank Solution
Centro de Investigación en Ingeniería y Ciencias Aplicadas , UAEM Avenida Universidad 1001, Col. Chamilpa, Cuernavaca, MOR, Mexico
Received 27 January 2011; Accepted 30 March 2011
Academic Editor: Ravin Kumar Dayal
Copyright © 2011 D. Bahena et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. B. D. Ratner, A. S. Hoffman, F. J. Schoen, and J. E. Lemon, Biomaterials Science: An Introduction to Materials in Medicine, Elsevier/Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2004.
- M. J. Yaszemsk, Biomaterials in Orthopedics, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- J. M. Malo and J. Uruchurtu-Chavarin, “Electrochemical noise as a powerful electrchemical technique for corrosion studies,” Research Trends, vol. 2, p. 49, 1997.
- D. A. Eden, “Electrochemical noise—the first two octaves,” in Corrosion 98, NACE International, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1998.
- J. R. Kearns, J. R. Scully, P. R. Roberge, D. L. Reichert, and J. L. Dawson, Eds., Electrochemical Noise Measurement for Corrosion Applications, American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohocken, Pa, USA, 1996, STP 1277.
- R. A. Cottis, “Interpretation of electrochemical noise data,” Corrosion, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 265–284, 2001.
- A. Legat and V. Dolecek, “Chaotic analysis of electrochemical noise measured on stainless steel,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 142, no. 6, pp. 1851–1858, 1995.
- A. Legat, J. Osredkar, V. Kuhar, and M. Leban, “Detection of various types of corrosion processes by the chaotic analysis of electrochemical noise,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 289–292, no. 2, pp. 807–812, 1998.
- J. Stringer and A. J. Markworth, “Applications of deterministic chaos theory to corrosion,” Corrosion Science, vol. 35, no. 1–4, pp. 751–760, 1993.
- J. C. Uruchurtu and J. L. Dawson, “Noise analysis of pure aluminum under different pitting conditions,” Corrosion, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 19–26, 1987.
- A. J. Markworth, J. Stringer, and R. W. Rollins, “Deterministic chaos theory and its applications to materials science,” MRS Bulletin, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 20–28, 1995.
- M. Keddam, M. Krarti, and C. Pallotta, “Some aspects of the fluctuations of the passive current on stainless steel in presence of chlorides—their relation to the probabilistic approach of pitting corrosion,” Corrosion, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 454–458, 1987.
- E. Rietman, Exploring the Geometry of Nature: Computer Modeling of Chaos, Fractals, Cellular Automata, and Neural Networks, Windcrest, 1988.
- J. T. Sandefur, Discrete Dynamical Systems: Theory and Applications, Clarendon Press, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 1990.
- E. García, J. Genescá, and J. Uruchurtu, “Pitting corrosion process of nickel in seawater. II. dynamic analysis,” Afinidad, vol. 55, no. 473, pp. 26–30, 1998.
- “Effect of the electrolyte composition on the random/deterministic behaviors in pitting corrosion,” in Proceedings of the Symposium on Critical Factors in Localized Corrosion III, S. Hoerle, T. Sourisseau, and B. Baroux, Eds., pp. 437–447, Electrochemical Society, Pennington, NJ, USA, 1999.
- in Proceedings of the Symposium Passivity and its Breakdown, S. Hoerle and B. Baroux, Eds., p. 57, Electrochemical Society, 1998.
- S. G. Corcoran and K. Sieradzki, “Chaos during the growth of an artificial pit,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 139, no. 6, pp. 1568–1573, 1992.
- “Chaotic behaviors in pitting corrosion processes,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Pits and Pores: Formation, Properties, and Significance for Advanced Luminescent Materials, B. Baroux, H. Mayet, and D. Gorse, Eds., The Electrochemical Society, 1997.
- E. García, J. Uruchurtu, and J. Genescá, “Oscillatory dynamics of the pitting corrosion of copper in sea water,” Afinidad, vol. 53, no. 464, pp. 215–222, 1996.
- U. Cano, J. Malo, and J. Uruchurtu, “Aluminium corrosion in chloride solution. is it chaos or is it electrochemical noise?” Corrosão e Protecção de Materiais, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 6–12, 1994.
- P. R. Roberge, in Proceedings of the International Symposium Canadian Institute of Mining, p. 753, Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy, and Petroleum, Canada, 1993.
- W. Li, K. Nobe, and A. J. Pearlstein, “Electrodissolution kinetics of iron in chloride solutions. VIII. Chaos in potential/current oscillations,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 140, no. 3, pp. 721–728, 1993.
- D. Sazou, M. Pagitsas, and C. Georgolios, “The influence of chloride ions on the dynamic characteristics observed at the transition between corrosion and passivation states of an iron electrode in sulphuric acid solutions,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 2067–2076, 1992.
- Garcia, Uruchurtu, and Genesca, “Chaotic analysis of electrochemical noise response of copper,” Anales de Química, vol. 94, no. 4-5, pp. 335–341, 1998.
- P. C. Searson and J. L. Dawson, “Analysis of electrochemical noise generated by corroding electrodes under open-circuit conditions,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 135, no. 8, pp. 1908–1915, 1988.
- H. C. Kuo and D. Landolt, “Galvanostatic transient study of anodic film formation on iron in concentrated chloride media,” Corrosion Science, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 915–922, 1976.
- W. Li, X. Wang, and K. Nobe, “Electrodissolution kinetics of iron in chloride solutions. VII. experimental potential/current oscillations,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 137, no. 4, pp. 1184–1188, 1990.
- T. Mulling, Ed., The Nature of Chaos, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1993.
- M. T. Rosenstein, J. J. Collins, and C. J. De Luca, “A practical method for calculating largest lyapunov exponents from small data sets,” Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, vol. 65, no. 1-2, pp. 117–134, 1993.
- N. H. Packard, J. P. Crutchfield, J. D. Farmer, and R. S. Shaw, “Geometry from a time series,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 712–716, 1980.
- H. L. Swinney, “Observations of order and chaos in nonlinear systems,” Physica D, vol. 7, no. 1–3, pp. 3–15, 1983.
- E. Sarmiento, J. G. González-Rodriguez, J. Uruchurtu, O. Sarmiento, and M. Menchaca, “Fractal analysis of the corrosion inhibition of carbon steel in a bromide solution by lithium chromate,” International Journal of Electrochemical Science, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 144–155, 2009.
- F. Barragán, R. Guardián, R. Menchaca, I. Rosales, and J. Uruchurtu, “Electrochemical corrosion of hot pressing titanium coated steels for biomaterial applications,” International Journal of Electrochemical Science, vol. 5, pp. 1799–1809, 2010.
- J. A. Ruiz, I. Rosales, J. G. Gonzalez-Rodriguez, and J. Uruchurtu, “Effect of B on the corrosion resistance of a Ni-Ti alloy in simulated human body solution,” International Journal of Electrochemical Science, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 593–604, 2010.
- E. F. Diaz, J. G. Gonzalez-Rodriguez, R. Sandoval-Jabalera, et al., “A study of the carboxyethylimidazoline as an H2S corrosion inhibitor of X-120 pipeline steel,” International Journal of Electrochemical Science, vol. 5, pp. 1821–1836, 2010.
- R. de Levie, “On the impedance of electrodes with rough interfaces,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 261, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 1989.
- P. Zoltowski, “On the electrical capacitance of interfaces exhibiting constant phase element behaviour,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 443, no. 1, pp. 149–154, 1998.
- D. A. Lopez, S. N. Simison, and S. R. de Sanchez, “The influence of steel microstructure on CO2 corrosion. EIS studies on the inhibition efficiency of benzimidazole,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 845–854, 2003.
- F. Bentiss, M. Lebrini, and M. Lagrenee, “Thermodynamic characterization of metal dissolution and inhibitor adsorption processes in mild steel/2,5-bis(n-thienyl)-1,3,4-thiadiazoles/ hydrochloric acid system,” Corrosion Science, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 2915–2931, 2005.
- W. H. Li, Q. He, C. L. Pei, and B. R. Hou, “Experimental and theoretical investigation of the adsorption behaviour of new triazole derivatives as inhibitors for mild steel corrosion in acid media,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 52, no. 22, pp. 6386–6394, 2007.
- X. J. Wu, H. Y. Ma, S. H. Chen, Z. H. Xu, and A. F. Sui, “General equivalent circuits for faradaic electrode processes under electrochemical reaction control,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 146, no. 5, pp. 1847–1853, 1999.
- H. Y. Ma, X. L. Cheng, G. Q. Li, et al., “The influence of hydrogen sulfide on corrosion of iron under different conditions,” Corrosion Science, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 1669–1683, 2000.
- D. Risovic, S. M. Poljacek, K. Furic, and M. Gojo, “Inferring fractal dimension of rough/porous surfaces—a comparison of SEM image analysis and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy methods,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 5, part 2, pp. 3063–3070, 2008.
- B. Gasparovic, D. Risovic, B. Cosovic, and A. Nelson, “The influence of frequency on fractal dimension of adsorbed layers,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 2527–2534, 2007.