- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Corrosion
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 573964, 6 pages
Study of a Triazole Derivative as Corrosion Inhibitor for Mild Steel in Phosphoric Acid Solution
School of Chemical Science and Technology, Yunnan University, Kunming, Yunnan 650091, China
Received 14 July 2011; Accepted 16 November 2011
Academic Editor: Omar S. Es-Said
Copyright © 2012 Lin Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Trabanelli, “Inhibitors—an old remedy for a new challenge,” Corrosion, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 410–419, 1991.
- S. E. Nataraja, T. V. Venkatesha, K. Manjunatha, B. Poojary, M. K. Pavithra, and H. C. Tandon, “Inhibition of the corrosion of steel in hydrochloric acid solution by some organic molecules containing the methylthiophenyl moiety,” Corrosion Science, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 2651–2659, 2011.
- X. Li, S. Deng, and H. Fu, “Inhibition by tetradecylpyridinium bromide of the corrosion of aluminium in hydrochloric acid solution,” Corrosion Science, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1529–1536, 2011.
- N. Caliskan and E. Akbas, “The inhibition effect of some pyrimidine derivatives on austenitic stainless steel in acidic media,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 983–988, 2011.
- M. Z. A. Rafiquee, N. Saxena, S. Khan, and M. A. Quraishi, “Influence of surfactants on the corrosion inhibition behaviour of 2-aminophenyl-5-mercapto-1-oxa-3,4-diazole (AMOD) on mild steel,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 107, no. 2-3, pp. 528–533, 2008.
- C. Fiaud, A. Harch, D. Mallouh, and M. Tzinmann, “The inhibition of iron corrosion by acetylenic alcohols in acid solutions at high temperature,” Corrosion Science, vol. 35, no. 5-8, pp. 1437–1444, 1993.
- B. Mernari, H. ELAttari, M. Traisnel, F. Bentiss, and M. Lagrenee, “3,5-Bis(n-pyridyl)-4-amino-1,2,4-triazoles on the corrosion for mild steel in 1M HCl medium,” Corrosion Science, vol. 40, pp. 391–399, 1998.
- W. Qafsaoui and H. Takenouti, “Corrosion protection of 2024-T3 aluminium alloy by electro-polymerized 3-amino 1,2,4-triazole in sulphate solution containing chloride,” Corrosion Science, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 3667–3676, 2010.
- M. Finšgar and I. Milošev, “Inhibition of copper corrosion by 1,2,3-benzotriazole: a review,” Corrosion Science, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 2737–2749, 2010.
- M. L. Zheludkevich, K. A. Yasakau, S. K. Poznyak, and M. G. S. Ferreira, “Triazole and thiazole derivatives as corrosion inhibitors for AA2024 aluminium alloy,” Corrosion Science, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 3368–3383, 2005.
- F. Bentiss, M. Traisnel, L. Gengembre, and M. Lagrenée, “Inhibition of acidic corrosion of mild steel by 3,5-diphenyl-4H-1,2,4-triazole,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 194–202, 2000.
- D. Gopi, K. M. Govindaraju, V. Collins Arun Prakash, D. M. Angeline Sakila, and L. Kavitha, “A study on new benzotriazole derivatives as inhibitors on copper corrosion in ground water,” Corrosion Science, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 2259–2265, 2009.
- L. Wang, “Inhibition of mild steel corrosion in phosphoric acid solution by triazole derivatives,” Corrosion Science, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 608–616, 2006.
- M. A. Quraishi and D. Jamal, “Corrosion inhibition of N-80 steel and mild steel in 15% boiling hydrochloric acid by a triazole compound—SAHMT,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 68, no. 1–3, pp. 283–287, 2001.
- S. Zhang, Z. Tao, S. Liao, and F. Wu, “Substitutional adsorption isotherms and corrosion inhibitive properties of some oxadiazol-triazole derivative in acidic solution,” Corrosion Science, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 3126–3132, 2010.
- A. S. Fouda and A. S. Ellithy, “Inhibition effect of 4-phenylthiazole derivatives on corrosion of 304L stainless steel in HCl solution,” Corrosion Science, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 868–875, 2009.
- H. L. Wang, R. B. Liu, and J. Xin, “Inhibiting effects of some mercapto-triazole derivatives on the corrosion of mild steel in 1.0 M HC1 medium,” Corrosion Science, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 2455–2466, 2004.
- F. Bentiss, M. Lagrenee, M. Traisnel, and J. C. Hornez, “The corrosion inhibition of mild steel in acidic media by a new triazole derivative,” Corrosion Science, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 789–803, 1999.
- L. Wang, G. Y. Yin, Q. F. Zhang, and J. X. Pu, “Corrosion inhibition of low-carbon steel in phosphoric acid solution by 2-mercaptobeneoxazole,” Corrosion Science, vol. 56, pp. 1083–1085, 2000.
- Y. Jianguo, W. Lin, V. Otieno-Alego, and D. P. Schweinsberg, “Polyvinylpyrrolidone and polyethylenimine as inhibitors for the corrosion of a low carbon steel in phosphoric acid,” Corrosion Science, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 975–985, 1995.
- Z. Y. Zhang, M. Li, and N. Zhao, “Synthesis of 3-alkyl/aryl-6-(3’pyridyl)-s-triazole[3,4-b]-1,3,4-thiadiazoles,” Organic Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 397–402, 1993.
- G. N. Mu, T. P. Zhao, M. Liu, and T. Gu, “Effect of metallic cations on corrosion inhibition of an anionic surfactant for mild steel,” Corrosion, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 853–856, 1996.
- L. Yang, X. Li, and G. Mu, “Synergistic effect between 4-(2-pyridylazo) resorcin and chloride ion on the corrosion of cold rolled steel in 1.0 M phosphoric acid,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 253, no. 5, pp. 2367–2372, 2006.
- I. Sekine and Y. Hirakawa, “Effect of 1-hydroxyethylidene-1, 1-diphosphonic acid on the corrosion of SS 41 steel in 0.3% sodium chloride solution,” Corrosion, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 272–277, 1986.
- E. Cano, J. L. Polo, A. L. A. Iglesia, and J. M. Bastidas, “A study on the adsorption of benzotriazole on copper in hydrochloric acid using the inflection point of the isotherm,” Adsorption, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 219–225, 2004.
- M. H. Wahdan, A. A. Hermas, and M. S. Morad, “Corrosion inhibition of carbon-steels by propargyltriphenylphosphonium bromide in H,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 111–118, 2002.
- K. F. Khaled, “Molecular simulation, quantum chemical calculations and electrochemical studies for inhibition of mild steel by triazoles,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 3484–3492, 2008.
- F. Bentiss, M. Lebrini, and M. Lagrenée, “Thermodynamic characterization of metal dissolution and inhibitor adsorption processes in mild steel/2,5-bis(n-thienyl)-1,3,4-thiadiazoles/ hydrochloric acid system,” Corrosion Science, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 2915–2931, 2005.
- P. B. Mathur and T. Vasudevan, “Reaction rate studies for the corrosion of metal in acids-I, iron in mineral acids,” Corrosion, vol. 38, pp. 171–178, 1982.
- B. F. Conway, Electrochemical Data, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 1952.
- R. R. Annand, R. M. Hurd, and N. Hackerman, “Adsorption of monomeric and polymeric amino corrosion inhibitiors on steel,” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, vol. 112, pp. 138–144, 1965.
- L. Wang, “Evaluation of 2-mercaptobenzimidazole as corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in phosphoric acid,” Corrosion Science, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 2281–2289, 2001.
- L. Wang, J. X. Pu, and H. C. Luo, “Corrosion inhibition of zinc in phosphoric acid solution by 2-mercaptobenzimidazole,” Corrosion Science, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 677–683, 2003.
- S. Muralidharan, M. A. Quraishi, and S. V. K. Iyer, “The effect of molecular structure on hydrogen permeation and the corrosion inhibition of mild steel in acidic solutions,” Corrosion Science, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 1739–1750, 1995.
- B. Bonnelly, T. C. Dowine, R. Grzekowiak, H. R. Hamburg, and D. Short, “The effect of electronic delocalization in organic groups R in substituted thiocarbamoryl R-CS-NH2 and related compoynds on inhibition efficiency,” Corrosion Science, vol. 18, pp. 109–116, 1978.