- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Cell Biology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 161837, 9 pages
TCA Cycle Defects and Cancer: When Metabolism Tunes Redox State
1Department of Biology, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Via della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133 Rome, Italy
2IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, Via di Val Cannuta, 00166 Rome, Italy
Received 13 April 2012; Revised 1 June 2012; Accepted 15 June 2012
Academic Editor: Giuseppe Filomeni
Copyright © 2012 Simone Cardaci and Maria Rosa Ciriolo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [26 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- P. J. Murphy, B. R. Cipriany, C. B. Wallin, C. Y. Ju, K. Szeto, J. A. Hagarman, J. J. Benitez, H. G. Craighead, and P. D. Soloway, “Single-molecule analysis of combinatorial epigenomic states in normal and tumor cells,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 110, no. 19, pp. 7772–7777, 2013.
- James M. Phang, Wei Liu, and Chad Hancock, “Bridging epigenetics and metabolism Role of non-essential amino acids,” Epigenetics, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 231–236, 2013.
- Angelo D’Alessandro, and Lello Zolla, “Proteomics and metabolomics in cancer drug development,” Expert Review of Proteomics, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 473–488, 2013.
- Amir Feizi, and Sergio Bordel, “Metabolic and protein interaction sub-networks controlling the proliferation rate of cancer cells and their impact on patient survival,” Scientific Reports, vol. 3, 2013.
- Sewha Kim, Do Kim, Woo-Hee Jung, and Ja Koo, “Succinate dehydrogenase expression in breast cancer,” SpringerPlus, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 299, 2013.
- Stéphane Demine, Nagabushana Reddy, Patricia Renard, Martine Raes, and Thierry Arnould, “Unraveling Biochemical Pathways Affected by Mitochondrial Dysfunctions Using Metabolomic Approaches,” Metabolites, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 831–878, 2014.
- Xiaohong Du, Shaogui Wan, Yibing Chen, Ping Qu, Xiaojun Huang, Xiaohe Yu, Hushan Yang, Yiguan Zhang, and Jinliang Xing, “Genetic Variants in Genes of Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle Key Enzymes Predict Postsurgical Overall Survival of Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, 2014.
- William P. Katt, and Richard A. Cerione, “Glutaminase regulation in cancer cells: a druggable chain of events,” Drug Discovery Today, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 450–457, 2014.
- Márcia Sá Monteiro, Márcia Carvalho, Maria de Lourdes Bastos, and Paula Guedes de Pinho, “Biomarkers in renal cell carcinoma: a metabolomics approach,” Metabolomics, 2014.
- Xu Guo, Deyang Li, Yousheng Wu, Yibing Chen, Xingchun Zhou, Xiaoyan Wang, Xiaojun Huang, Xiaofei Li, Hushan Yang, and Jinliang Xing, “Genetic variants in genes of tricarboxylic acid cycle key enzymes are associated with prognosis of patients with non-smallcell lung cancer,” Lung Cancer, 2014.
- Aleksandra Konieczna, Aneta Szczepańska, Karolina Sawiuk, Robert Łyżeń, and Grzegorz Węgrzyn, “Enzymes of the central carbon metabolism: Are they linkers between transcription, DNA replication, and carcinogenesis?,” Medical Hypotheses, 2014.
- Ludgero C. Tavares, Ivana Jarak, Fernando N. Nogueira, Paulo J. Oliveira, and Rui A. Carvalho, “Metabolic evaluations of cancer metabolism by NMR-based stable isotope tracer methodologies,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 45, pp. 37–43, 2014.
- S. N. Ononye, W. Shi, V. B. Wali, B. Aktas, T. Jiang, C. Hatzis, and L. Pusztai, “Metabolic isoenzyme shifts in cancer as potential novel therapeutic targets,” Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 2014.
- Huiqing Zhang, Xu Guo, Jingyao Dai, Yousheng Wu, Naijian Ge, Yefa Yang, Jiansong Ji, and Hongxin Zhang, “Genetic variations in IDH gene as prognosis predictors in TACE-treated hepatocellular carcinoma patients,” Medical Oncology, vol. 31, no. 11, 2014.
- Kamiya Mehla, and Pankaj K. Singh, “MUC1: A Novel Metabolic Master Regulator,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Reviews on Cancer, 2014.
- Kelvin L. Billingsley, Sonal Josan, Jae Mo Park, Sui Seng Tee, Eleanor Spielman-Sun, Ralph Hurd, Dirk Mayer, and Daniel Spielman, “ Hyperpolarized [1,4- 13 C]-diethylsuccinate: a potential DNP substrate for in vivo metabolic imaging ,” NMR in Biomedicine, 2014.
- Guanglong Dong, Xianli He, Yibing Chen, Haiyan Cao, Jiaojiao Wang, Xiaonan Liu, Shukui Wang, Shaogui Wan, and Jinliang Xing, “Genetic variations in genes of metabolic enzymes predict postoperational prognosis of patients with colorectal cancer,” Molecular Cancer, vol. 14, no. 1, 2015.
- Ivana Jochmanová, Zhengping Zhuang, and Karel Pacak, “Pheochromocytoma: Gasping for Air,” Hormones and Cancer, 2015.
- Elisa Brasili, and Valdir Cechinel Filho, “Metabolomics of cancer cell cultures to assess the effects of dietary phytochemicals,” Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, pp. 00–00, 2015.
- Shaogui Wan, Yousheng Wu, Xingchun Zhou, Yibing Chen, Jiaze An, Xiaohe Yu, Huiqing Zhang, Hushan Yang, and Jinliang Xing, “Polymorphisms in Genes of Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle Key Enzymes Are Associated with Early Recurrence of Hepatocellular Carcinoma,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 4, 2015.
- Daniel Verduzco, Mark Lloyd, Liping Xu, Arig Ibrahim-Hashim, Yoganand Balagurunathan, Robert A. Gatenby, and Robert J. Gillies, “Intermittent Hypoxia Selects for Genotypes and Phenotypes That Increase Survival, Invasion, and Therapy Resistance,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 3, 2015.
- Yazdan Asgari, Zahra Zabihinpour, Falk Schreiber, and Ali Masoudi-Nejad, “Alterations in cancer cells metabolism: the Warburg effect and metabolic adaptation,” Genomics, 2015.
- Joshua A. Hess, and Mohamed Khasawneh, “Cancer metabolism and oxidative stress: Insights into carcinogenesis and chemotherapy via the non-dihydrofolate reductase effects of methotrexate,” BBA Clinical, 2015.
- Amanda R. Stram, and R. Mark Payne, “Post-translational modifications in mitochondria: protein signaling in the powerhouse,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 2016.
- Xian Luo, Shuang Zhao, Tao Huan, Difei Sun, R. Magnus N. Friis, Michael C. Schultz, and Liang Li, “High-Performance Chemical Isotope Labeling Liquid Chromatography–Mass Spectrometry for Profiling the Metabolomic Reprogramming Elicited by Ammonium Limitation in Yeast,” Journal of Proteome Research, 2016.
- Juan José González Plaza, Nataša Hulak, Galina Kausova, Zhaxybay Zhumadilov, and Ainur Akilzhanova, “Role of metabolism during viral infections, and crosstalk with the innate immune system,” Intractable & Rare Diseases Research, 2016.