- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Cell Biology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 161837, 9 pages
TCA Cycle Defects and Cancer: When Metabolism Tunes Redox State
1Department of Biology, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Via della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133 Rome, Italy
2IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, Via di Val Cannuta, 00166 Rome, Italy
Received 13 April 2012; Revised 1 June 2012; Accepted 15 June 2012
Academic Editor: Giuseppe Filomeni
Copyright © 2012 Simone Cardaci and Maria Rosa Ciriolo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- P. J. Murphy, B. R. Cipriany, C. B. Wallin, C. Y. Ju, K. Szeto, J. A. Hagarman, J. J. Benitez, H. G. Craighead, and P. D. Soloway, “Single-molecule analysis of combinatorial epigenomic states in normal and tumor cells,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 110, no. 19, pp. 7772–7777, 2013.
- James M. Phang, Wei Liu, and Chad Hancock, “Bridging epigenetics and metabolism Role of non-essential amino acids,” Epigenetics, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 231–236, 2013.
- Amir Feizi, and Sergio Bordel, “Metabolic and protein interaction sub-networks controlling the proliferation rate of cancer cells and their impact on patient survival,” Scientific Reports, vol. 3, 2013.
- Angelo D’Alessandro, and Lello Zolla, “Proteomics and metabolomics in cancer drug development,” Expert Review of Proteomics, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 473–488, 2013.
- Sewha Kim, Do Kim, Woo-Hee Jung, and Ja Koo, “Succinate dehydrogenase expression in breast cancer,” SpringerPlus, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 299, 2013.
- Xiaohong Du, Shaogui Wan, Yibing Chen, Ping Qu, Xiaojun Huang, Xiaohe Yu, Hushan Yang, Yiguan Zhang, and Jinliang Xing, “Genetic Variants in Genes of Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle Key Enzymes Predict Postsurgical Overall Survival of Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, 2014.
- Márcia Sá Monteiro, Márcia Carvalho, Maria de Lourdes Bastos, and Paula Guedes de Pinho, “Biomarkers in renal cell carcinoma: a metabolomics approach,” Metabolomics, 2014.
- William P. Katt, and Richard A. Cerione, “Glutaminase regulation in cancer cells: a druggable chain of events,” Drug Discovery Today, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 450–457, 2014.
- Huiqing Zhang, Xu Guo, Jingyao Dai, Yousheng Wu, Naijian Ge, Yefa Yang, Jiansong Ji, and Hongxin Zhang, “Genetic variations in IDH gene as prognosis predictors in TACE-treated hepatocellular carcinoma patients,” Medical Oncology, vol. 31, no. 11, 2014.
- Kamiya Mehla, and Pankaj K. Singh, “MUC1: A Novel Metabolic Master Regulator,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Reviews on Cancer, 2014.
- Kelvin L. Billingsley, Sonal Josan, Jae Mo Park, Sui Seng Tee, Eleanor Spielman-Sun, Ralph Hurd, Dirk Mayer, and Daniel Spielman, “ Hyperpolarized [1,4- 13 C]-diethylsuccinate: a potential DNP substrate for in vivo metabolic imaging ,” NMR in Biomedicine, 2014.