- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 104565, 5 pages
Application of Bioactive Coatings Based on Chitosan for Soybean Seed Protection
School of Resource & Environmental Engineering and Key Laboratory of Hubei Province for Mineral Resources Processing and Environment, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan 430070, China
Received 6 December 2011; Revised 7 March 2012; Accepted 18 March 2012
Academic Editor: José A. Lopes da Silva
Copyright © 2012 Defang Zeng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. A. Omolehin, T. O. Ogunfiditimi, and O. B. Adeniji, “Factors influencing adoption of chemical pest control in cowpea production among rural farmers in Makarfi Local Government Area of Kaduna State, Nigeria,” Asian Journal of Plant Sciences, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 225–228, 2005.
- E. Asare-Bediako, A. A. Addo-Quaye, and A. Mohammed, “Control of diamondback moth (Plutella xylostella) on cabbage (Brassica oleracea var capitata) using intercropping with non-host crops,” American Journal of Food Technology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 269–274, 2010.
- M. M. Rahman and M. M. Hossain, “Plant density effects on growth, yield and yield components of two soybean varieties under equidistant planting arrangement,” Asian Journal of Plant Sciences, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 278–286, 2011.
- N. E. Ahmed, H. O. Kanan, S. Inanaga, Y. Q. Ma, and Y. Sugimoto, “Impact of pesticide seed treatments on aphid control and yield of wheat in the Sudan,” Crop Protection, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 929–934, 2001.
- N. L. Brooker, C. D. Lagalle, A. Zlatanic, I. Javni, and Z. Petrovic, “Soy polyol formulations as novel seed treatments for the management of soil-borne diseases of soybean.,” Communications in Agricultural and Applied Biological Sciences, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 35–43, 2007.
- X. Honglu and X. Guomei, “Suspension property of gemini surfactant in seed coating agent,” Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 496–501, 2008.
- K. Ziani, B. Ursúa, and J. I. Maté, “Application of bioactive coatings based on chitosan for artichoke seed protection,” Crop Protection, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 853–859, 2010.
- M. E. Arias, J. A. González-Pérez, F. J. González-Vila, and A. S. Ball, “Soil health—a new challenge for microbiologists and chemists,” International Microbiology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 13–21, 2005.
- H. F. Huiting and A. Ester, “Effects of seed coatings with thiamethoxam on germination and flea beetle control in flax,” Communications in Agricultural and Applied Biological Sciences, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 595–601, 2007.
- S. Bautista-Banos, M. Hernandez-Lopez, and E. Bosquez-Molina, “Growth inhibition of select fungi by chitosan and plant extracts,” Mexican Journal of Phytopathology, vol. 22, pp. 178–186, 2004.
- M. Rinaudo, “Chitin and chitosan: properties and applications,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 603–632, 2006.
- H. Tang, P. Zhang, T. L. Kieft et al., “Antibacterial action of a novel functionalized chitosan-arginine against Gram-negative bacteria,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 2562–2571, 2010.
- X. H. Wu, W. H. Zhang, and P. F. Liu, “Research and development trend of the seed coating agent in China,” Plant Protection and Promotion of Technology, vol. 10, pp. 36–38, 2003.
- N. Shibuya and E. Minami, “Oligosaccharide signalling for defence responses in plant,” Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 223–233, 2001.
- P. P. Ma and L. Q. He, “Progress of chitosan in suppression of plant diseases,” Natural Product Research and Development, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 82–86, 2001.
- T. Tokunaga, N. Takada, and M. Ueda, “Mechanism of antifeedant activity of plumbagin, a compound concerning the chemical defense in carnivorous plant,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 45, no. 38, pp. 7115–7119, 2004.
- D. R. Perera, G. Armstrong, and N. Senanayake, “Effect of antifeedants on the diamondback moth (Plutella xylostella) and its parasitoid Cotesia plutellae,” Pest Management Science, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 486–490, 2002.
- R. T. Furbank, R. White, J. A. Palta, and N. C. Turner, “Internal recycling of respiratory CO2 in pods of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.): the role of pod wall, seed coat, and embryo,” Journal of Experimental Botany, vol. 55, no. 403, pp. 1687–1696, 2004.
- W. V. Sigler and R. F. Turco, “The impact of chlorothalonil application on soil bacterial and fungal populations as assessed by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis,” Applied Soil Ecology, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 107–118, 2002.
- H. P. Chen and L. L. Xu, “Progress of study on chitosan in regulating plants’ growth and eliciting plants’ defense responses,” Acta Botanica Yunnanica, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 613–619, 2005.
- H. Liu, Y. Du, X. Wang, and L. Sun, “Chitosan kills bacteria through cell membrane damage,” International Journal of Food Microbiology, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 147–155, 2004.
- K. K. Nielsen, P. Jorgensen, and J. D. Mikkelsen, “Antifungal activity of sugar beet chitinase against Cercospora beticola: an autoradiographic study on cell wall degradation,” Plant Pathology, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 979–986, 1994.