- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 106496, 6 pages
Correlation of Power Consumption for Several Kinds of Mixing Impellers
1Department of Life and Materials Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
2Division of Chemical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, 1-3 Machikaneyama-cho, Toyonaka-shi, Osaka 560-8531, Japan
Received 28 November 2011; Revised 26 January 2012; Accepted 3 February 2012
Academic Editor: See-Jo Kim
Copyright © 2012 Haruki Furukawa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Inoue and S. Hashimoto, “Analysis of mechanism of laminar fluid mixing in 3-D mixing tank based on streakline lobes,” Kagaku Kogaku Ronbunshu, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 355–365, 2010.
- Y. Inoue, “Invariant structure and variable properties in laminar fluid mixing model based on strealines,” Kagaku Kogaku Ronbunshu, vol. 37, pp. 211–222, 2011.
- S. Nagata, T. Yokoyama, and H. Maeda, “Studies on the power requirement of paddle agitators in cylindrical vessels,” Kagaku Kogaku, vol. 20, pp. 582–592, 1956.
- N. Kamei, S. Hiraoka, Y. Kato, et al., “Power correlation for paddle impellers in spherical and sylindrical agitated vessels,” Kagaku Kogaku Ronbunshu, vol. 21, pp. 41–48, 1995.
- N. Kamei, S. Hiraoka, Y. Kato et al., “Effects of impeller and baffle dimensions on power consumption under turbulent flow in an agitated vessel with paddle impeller,” Kagaku Kogaku Ronbunshu, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 255–256, 1996.
- S. Hiraoka, N. Kamei, and Y. Kato, “Power correlation for pitched blade paddle impeller in agitated vessels with and without baffles,” Kagaku Kogaku Ronbunshu, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 974–975, 1997.
- Y. Kato, Y. Tada, Y. Takeda, Y. Hirai, and Y. Nagatsu, “Correlation of power consumption for propeller and pfaudler type impellers,” Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 6–9, 2009.
- Y. Kato, N. Kamei, Y. Tada, et al., “Power consumption of anchor impeller over wide range of reynolds number,” Kagaku Kogaku Ronbunshu, vol. 37, pp. 19–21, 2011.
- Y. Kato, N. Kamei, A. Tada, et al., “Effect of baffle length on power consumption in turbulent mixing vessel,” Kagaku Kogaku Ronbunshu, vol. 37, pp. 377–380, 2011.
- J. H. Rushton, E. W. Costich, and H. J. Everett, “Power characteristics of mixing impellers part 1,” Chemical Engineering Progress, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 395–404, 1950.