- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 196083, 8 pages
Reactivity of Phenol Allylation Using Phase-Transfer Catalysis in Ion-Exchange Membrane Reactor
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Yuan Ze University, Zhongli, Taiwan
Received 16 February 2012; Revised 16 May 2012; Accepted 17 May 2012
Academic Editor: Victor V. Nikonenko
Copyright © 2012 Ho Shing Wu and Yeng Shing Fu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. V. Dehmlow and S. S. Dehmlow, Phase Transfer Catalysis, Chemie, Weinheim, Germany, 1993.
- C. M. Starks, C. L. Liotta, and M. Halpern, Phase-Transfer Catalysis, Fundamentals, Applications, and Industrial Perspectives, Chapman & Hall, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- H. M. Yang and H. S. Wu, “Interfacial mechanism and kinetics of phase-transfer catalysis,” in Interfacial Catalysis, A. G. Volkov, Ed., vol. 285, chapter 11, Marcel Dekker, 2003.
- V. T. Zaspalis, W. Van Praag, K. Keizer, J. G. Van Ommen, J. R. H. Ross, and A. J. Burggraaf, “Reactions of methanol over catalytically active alumina membranes,” Applied Catalysis, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 205–222, 1991.
- G. D. Yadav and P. H. Mehta, “Theoretical and experimental analysis of capsule membrane phase transfer catalysis: selective alkaline hydrolysis of benzyl chloride to benzyl alcohol,” Catalysis Letters, vol. 21, no. 3-4, pp. 391–403, 1993.
- Y. Okahata and K. J. Ariga, “Functional capsule membranes. 27. A new type of phase-transfer catalysts (PTC). Reaction of substrates in the inner organic phase with the outer aqueous anions catalyzed by PTC grafted on the capsule,” Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 51, p. 5064, 1986.
- Y. Mizutani, R. Yamane, H. Ihara, and H. Motomura, “Studies of Ion Exchange Membraness. XVI. The preparation of ion exchange membranes by the “Paste Method”,” Bulletin of The Chemical Society of Japan, pp. 361–366, 1963.
- Y. Mizutani, R. Yamane, and H. Motomura, “Studies of Ion Exchange Membranes. XXII. Semicontinuous preparation of ion exchange membrane by the paste method,” Bulletin of The Chemical Society of Japan, pp. 689–694, 1964.
- Y. Mizutani, “Studies of Ion Exchange Membraness. The tetrahydrofuran extraction of the ion-exchange membrane and its base membrane prepared by the “Paste Method“,” Bulletin of The Chemical Society of Japan, vol. 42, no. 1969, pp. 2459–2463, 1969.
- H. P. Gregor, H. Jacobson, R. C. Shair, and D. M. Wetstone, “Interpolymer ion-selective membranes. I. Preparation and characterization of polystyrenesulfonic acid-dynel membranes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 61, p. 141, 1957.
- P. Zschocke and D. Quellmatz, “Novel ion exchange membranes based on an aromatic polyethersulfone,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 22, pp. 325–332, 1985.
- S. Wu and M. H. Lo, “Modeling and kinetics of allylation of phenol in a triphase-catalytic membrane reactor,” American Institute of Chemical Engineers, vol. 51, pp. 960–970, 2005.
- H. S. Wu and Y. K. Wu, “Preliminary study on the characterization and preparation of quaternary ammonium membrane,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 44, p. 1757, 2005.
- H. S. Wu and C. S. Wang, “Liquid—solid—liquid phase-transfer catalysis in sequential phosphazene reaction: kinetic investigation and reactor design,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 58, no. 15, pp. 3523–3534, 2003.
- H. S. Wu, “Catalytic activity and kinetics of liquid—solid—liquid phase-transfer catalysts,” in New Developments in Catalysis Research, L. P. Bevy, Ed., chapter 1, pp. 1–38, Nova Science Publishers, 2005.
- G. E. P. Box and J. S. Hunter, “Multi-factor experimental designs for exploring response surfaces,” Annals of Mathematical Statistics, vol. 28, p. 195, 1957.
- G. E. P. Box and K. B. J. R. Wilson, “On the experimental attainment of optimum conditions,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B, vol. 13, p. 1, 1951.
- J. J. Cilliers, R. C. Austin, and J. P. Tucker, “An evaluation of formal experimental design procedures for hydrocyclone modelling,” in Proceeding of the 4th International Conference of Hydrocyclones, L. Svarovsky and M. T. Thew, Ed., pp. 31–49, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Southampton, UK, 1992.