- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 417179, 7 pages
Ion Transport through Diffusion Layer Controlled by Charge Mosaic Membrane
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Fukuoka University, 8-19-1 Nanakuma, Jonan-ku, Fukuoka 814-0180, Japan
Received 2 April 2012; Revised 21 June 2012; Accepted 22 July 2012
Academic Editor: Victor V. Nikonenko
Copyright © 2012 Akira Yamauchi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Sata, “Ion exchange membrane,” in Royal Society of Chemistry, pp. 215–240, London, UK, 2004.
- Y. Tanaka, Ion Exchange Membrane: Fundamentals and Applications, vol. 12 of Membrane Science and Technology, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2007.
- T. Hamano, P. B. Chebi, L. Gerdes, and T. D. Wolfe, “The development of a new electrodialysis system for brackish water,” Desalination, vol. 96, pp. 23–31, 1994.
- A. Yamauchi, J. Tateyama, B. I. Etoh, M. Takizawa, Y. Sugito, and S. Doi, “Charged mosaic membrane prepared from microsphere gel and its characterization,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 173, no. 2, pp. 275–280, 2000.
- M. Takizawa, Y. Sugito, N. Oguma, M. Nakamura, S. Horiguchi, and T. Fukutomi, “Charge-mosaic membrane prepared from microspheres,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1251–1261, 2003.
- D. L. Grzenia, A. Yamauchi, and S. R. Wickramasinghe, “Electrolyte dialysis using charge-mosaic membranes,” Desalination and Water Treatment, vol. 4, pp. 306–310, 2009.
- N. Pismenskaia, P. Sistat, P. Huguet, V. Nikonenko, and G. Pourcelly, “Chronopotentiometry applied to the study of ion transfer through anion exchange membranes,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 228, no. 1, pp. 65–76, 2004.
- J. J. Krol, M. Wessling, and H. Strathmann, “Concentration polarization with monopolar ion exchange membranes: current-voltage curves and water dissociation,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 162, no. 1-2, pp. 145–154, 1999.
- J. J. Krol, M. Wessling, and H. Strathmann, “Chronopotentiometry and overlimiting ion transport through monopolar ion exchange membranes,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 162, no. 1-2, pp. 155–164, 1999.
- P. Sistat and G. Pourcelly, “Chronopotentiometric response of an ion-exchange membrane in the underlimiting current-range. Transport phenomena within the diffusion layers,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 123, no. 1, pp. 121–131, 1997.
- R. Ibanez, D. F. Stamatialis, and M. Wessling, “Role of membrane surface in concentration polarization at cation exchange membranes,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 239, no. 1, pp. 119–128, 2004.
- A. J. Bard and L. R. Faulkner, Electrochemical Methods, Fundamentals and Applications, Wiley International Edition, 1980.
- A. Yamauchi, A. M. E. Sayed, K. Mizuguchi, M. Kodama, and Y. Sugito, “Ion transport behavior in diffusion layer of new designed ion exchange-mosaic composite polymer membrane,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 283, no. 1-2, pp. 301–309, 2006.
- T. Yawataya, Ion Exchange Membrane For Engineer, Kyoritsu Shuppan, 1982.