- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 712986, 11 pages
Bubble Dynamics of a Single Condensing Vapor Bubble from Vertically Heated Wall in Subcooled Pool Boiling System: Experimental Measurements and CFD Simulations
Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai 400 019, India
Received 29 October 2011; Revised 22 February 2012; Accepted 26 March 2012
Academic Editor: Mahesh T. Dhotre
Copyright © 2012 Arijit A. Ganguli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Voloshko and A. V. Vurgaft, “Investigation of the condensation of single vapor bubbles in a layer of underheated liquid,” Journal of Engineering Physics, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 936–939, 1973.
- A. A. Ganguli, Studies in heat transfer: role of phase change and non-condensable gases [Ph.D. thesis], Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, India, 2009.
- S. S. Jeon, S. J. Kim, and G. C. Park, “CFD simulation of condensing vapor bubble using VOF model,” Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 60, pp. 209–215, 2009.
- N. Nikolopoulos, A. Theodorakakos, and G. Bergeles, “A numerical investigation of the evaporation process of a liquid droplet impinging onto a hot substrate,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 50, no. 1-2, pp. 303–319, 2007.
- A. Tomiyama, A. Sou, H. Minagawa, and T. Sakaguchi, “Numerical analysis of a single bubble by VOF method,” JSME International Journal, Series B, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 51–56, 1993.
- D. K. Agarwal, S. W. J. Welch, G. Biswas, and F. Durst, “Planar simulation of bubble growth in film boiling in near-critical water using a variant of the VOF method,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 329–338, 2004.
- D. L. Youngs, “Time-dependent multi-lateral flow with large fluid distortion,” in Numerical Methods for Fluid Dynamics, K. Morton and M. Baines, Eds., pp. 273–285, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- M. H. Yuan, Y. H. Yang, T. S. Li, and Z. H. Hu, “Numerical simulation of film boiling on a sphere with a volume of fluid interface tracking method,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 51, no. 7-8, pp. 1646–1657, 2008.
- Z. Yang, X. F. Peng, and P. Ye, “Numerical and experimental investigation of two phase flow during boiling in a coiled tube,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 51, no. 5-6, pp. 1003–1016, 2008.
- A. A. Ganguli, M. J. Sathe, A. B. Pandit, J. B. Joshi, and P. K. Vijayan, “Hydrodynamics and heat transfer characteristics of passive decay heat removal systems: CFD simulations and experimental measurements,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 65, no. 11, pp. 3457–3473, 2010.
- C. W. Hirt and B. D. Nichols, “Volume of fluid (VOF) method for the dynamics of free boundaries,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 201–225, 1981.
- J. U. Brackbill, D. B. Kothe, and C. Zemach, “A continuum method for modeling surface tension,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 335–354, 1992.
- B. P. Leonard, “A stable and accurate convective modelling procedure based on quadratic upstream interpolation,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 59–98, 1979.
- R. I. Issa, “Solution of the implicitly discretised fluid flow equations by operator-splitting,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 40–65, 1986.
- A. Tomiyama, H. Tamai, I. Zun, and S. Hosokawa, “Transverse migration of single bubbles in simple shear flows,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 1849–1858, 2002.