- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 858329, 10 pages
Laminar Mixing in Stirred Tank Agitated by an Impeller Inclined
1Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Yamagata University, Yonezawa 992-8510, Japan
2Process Engineering Laboratory, Corporate R&D Department, Central Research Laboratories, DIC Co., Ltd., Sakura, Chiba 285-8668, Japan
Received 29 February 2012; Revised 18 May 2012; Accepted 18 May 2012
Academic Editor: Naoto Ohmura
Copyright © 2012 Koji Takahashi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. J. Lamberto, F. J. Muzzio, P. D. Swanson, and A. L. Tonkovich, “Using time-dependent RPM to enhance mixing in stirred vessels,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 733–741, 1996.
- T. Nomura, T. Uchida, and K. Takahashi, “Enhancement of mixing by unsteady agitation of an impeller in an agitated vessel,” Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 875–879, 1997.
- W. G. Yao, H. Sato, K. Takahashi, and K. Koyama, “Mixing performance experiments in impeller stirred tanks subjected to unsteady rotational speeds,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 53, no. 17, pp. 3031–3040, 1998.
- J. Karcz, M. Cudak, and J. Szoplik, “Stirring of a liquid in a stirred tank with an eccentrically located impeller,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 60, no. 8-9, pp. 2369–2380, 2005.
- K. Takahashi, D. Shigihara, and Y. Takahata, “Laminar mixing in eccentric stirred tank with different bottoms,” Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, vol. 44, pp. 931–935, 2011.
- H. Xiao and K. Takahashi, “Mixing characteristics in the horizontal non-baffled stirred vessel in low viscosity fluid,” Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 679–683, 2007.
- K. Takahashi, Y. Takahata, T. Imai, and K. Shisai, “Development of nobel equipment to produce bio-diesel fuel,” Kagaku Kogaku Ronbunshu, vol. 37, pp. 852–858, 2011.
- T. Yang and K. Takahashi, “Effect of impeller blade angle on power consumption and flow pattern in horizontal stirred vessel,” Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 635–640, 2010.
- K. Takahashi, Y. Takahata, T. Yokota, and H. Konno, “Mixing of two miscible highly viscous newtonian liquids in a helical ribbon agitator,” Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 159–162, 1985.
- K. Takahashi and S. I. Sasaki, “Complete drawdown and dispersion of floating solids in agitated vessel equipped with ordinary impellers,” Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 40–44, 1999.