- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 920608, 9 pages
A Comparison of Nannochloropsis salina Growth Performance in Two Outdoor Pond Designs: Conventional Raceways versus the ARID Pond with Superior Temperature Management
1Marine Sciences Laboratory, Coastal Biogeochemistry Group, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Sequim, WA 98382, USA
2Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
3Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
4College of Agriculture, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
5Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Received 3 December 2011; Revised 11 March 2012; Accepted 14 March 2012
Academic Editor: Jose C. Merchuk
Copyright © 2012 Braden Crowe et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Stamatia Bellou, and George Aggelis, “Biochemical activities in Chlorella sp. and Nannochloropsis salina during lipid and sugar synthesis in a lab-scale open pond simulating reactor,” Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 318–329, 2012.
- Anita Kirrolia, Narsi R. Bishnoi, and Rajesh Singh, “Response surface methodology as a decision-making tool for optimization of culture conditions of green microalgae Chlorella spp. for biodiesel production,” Annals of Microbiology, 2013.
- Kun Zhang, Bingjie Sun, Xingxing She, Fengmin Zhao, Youfu Cao, Difeng Ren, and Jun Lu, “Lipid production and composition of fatty acids in Chlorella vulgaris cultured using different methods: photoautotrophic, heterotrophic, and pure and mixed conditions,” Annals of Microbiology, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 1239–1246, 2014.
- Erik R. Venteris, Richard L. Skaggs, Mark S. Wigmosta, and Andre M. Coleman, “Regional algal biofuel production potential in the coterminous United States as affected by resource availability trade-offs,” Algal Research, 2014.
- Giuseppe Olivieri, Piero Salatino, and Antonio Marzocchella, “Advances in photobioreactors for intensive microalgal production: configurations, operating strategies and applications,” Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 178–195, 2014.
- James W. Richardson, Myriah D. Johnson, Xuezhi Zhang, Peter Zemke, Wei Chen, and Qiang Hu, “A financial assessment of two alternative cultivation systems and their contributions to algae biofuel economic viability,” Algal Research, 2014.