- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 157098, 4 pages
Fuel Cell Electrodes Based on Carbon Nanotube/Metallic Nanoparticles Hybrids Formed on Porous Stainless Steel Pellets
1Zavoisky Physical-Technical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Sibirsky Trakt 10/7, Kazan 420029, Russia
2Kazan State Power Engineering University, Krasnoselskaya 51, Kazan 420066, Russia
Received 31 March 2013; Revised 5 August 2013; Accepted 7 August 2013
Academic Editor: Dmitry Murzin
Copyright © 2013 S. M. Khantimerov et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. J. Offer, “PEM fuel cell electrocatalysts and catalyst layers: Fundamentals and applications,” Platinum Metals Review, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 219–220, 2009.
- P. Costamagna and S. Srinivasan, “Quantum jumps in the PEMFC science and technology from the 1960s to the year 2000: Part II. Engineering, technology development and application aspects,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 102, no. 1-2, pp. 253–269, 2001.
- Y. Wang, K. S. Chen, J. Mishler, S. C. Cho, and X. C. Adroher, “A review of polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells: technology, applications, and needs on fundamental research,” Applied Energy, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 981–1007, 2011.
- U. Heiz and E. L. Bullock, “Fundamental aspects of catalysis on supported metal clusters,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 564–577, 2004.
- T. Matsumoto, T. Komatsu, H. Nakano et al., “Efficient usage of highly dispersed Pt on carbon nanotubes for electrode catalysts of polymer electrolyte fuel cells,” Catalysis Today, vol. 90, no. 3-4, pp. 277–281, 2004.
- S. Maruyama, R. Kojima, Y. Miyauchi, S. Chiashi, and M. Kohno, “Low-temperature synthesis of high-purity single-walled carbon nanotubes from alcohol,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 360, no. 3-4, pp. 229–234, 2002.
- R. Brukh and S. Mitra, “Mechanism of carbon nanotube growth by CVD,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 424, no. 1-3, pp. 126–132, 2006.
- B. Zheng, Y. Li, and J. Liu, “CVD synthesis and purification of single-walled carbon nanotubes on aerogel-supported catalyst,” Applied Physics A, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 345–348, 2002.
- H. Wang, M. A. Sweikart, and J. A. Turner, “Stainless steel as bipolar plate material for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 243–251, 2003.
- E. F. Kukovitsky, S. G. L'vov, N. A. Sainov, and V. A. Shustov, “CVD growth of carbon nanotube films on nickel substrates,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 215, no. 1–4, pp. 201–208, 2003.
- Y.-G. Chun, C.-S. Kim, D.-H. Peck, and D.-R. Shin, “Performance of a polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell with thin film catalyst electrodes,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 71, no. 1-2, pp. 174–178, 1998.
- V. Mehta and J. S. Cooper, “Review and analysis of PEM fuel cell design and manufacturing,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 32–53, 2003.