- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 296834, 10 pages
MHD Heat and Mass Transfer of Chemical Reaction Fluid Flow over a Moving Vertical Plate in Presence of Heat Source with Convective Surface Boundary Condition
1Department of Mathematics, Krupajal Engineering College, Prasanti Vihar, Pubasasan, Kausalyaganga, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751002, India
2Department of Mathematics, Institute of Technical Education and Research (ITER), SOA University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751019, India
3Department of Mathematics and Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut, Calicut 673601, India
Received 1 January 2013; Revised 5 March 2013; Accepted 6 March 2013
Academic Editor: Jose C. Merchuk
Copyright © 2013 B. R. Rout et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Vajrevelu and J. Nayfeh, “Hydromagnetic convection at a cone and a wedge,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 19, pp. 701–710, 1992.
- A. J. Chamkha, “Hydromagnetic three-dimensional free convection on a vertical stretching surface with heat generation or absorption,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 84–92, 1999.
- D. Moalem, “Steady state heat transfer within porous medium with temperature dependent heat generation,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 529–537, 1976.
- M. M. Rahman and M. A. Sattar, “Magnetohydrodynamic convective flow of a micropolar fluid past a continuously moving vertical porous plate in the presence of heat generation/absorption,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 142–152, 2006.
- U. N. Das, R. Deka, and V. M. Soundalgekar, “Effects of mass transfer on flow past an impulsively started infinite vertical plate with constant heat flux and chemical reaction,” Forschung im Ingenieurwesen/Engineering Research, vol. 60, no. 10, pp. 284–287, 1994.
- S. P. Anjalidevi and R. Kandasamy, “Effects of chemical reaction, heat and mass transfer on laminar flow along a semi infinite horizontal plate,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 465–467, 1999.
- M. A. Seddeek, A. A. Darwish, and M. S. Abdelmeguid, “Effects of chemical reaction and variable viscosity on hydromagnetic mixed convection heat and mass transfer for Hiemenz flow through porous media with radiation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 195–213, 2007.
- P. M. Patil and P. S. Kulkarni, “Effects of chemical reaction on free convective flow of a polar fluid through a porous medium in the presence of internal heat generation,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 1043–1054, 2008.
- A. M. Salem and M. Abd El-Aziz, “Effect of Hall currents and chemical reaction on hydromagnetic flow of a stretching vertical surface with internal heat generation/absorption,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1236–1254, 2008.
- F. S. Ibrahim, A. M. Elaiw, and A. A. Bakr, “Effect of the chemical reaction and radiation absorption on the unsteady MHD free convection flow past a semi infinite vertical permeable moving plate with heat source and suction,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1056–1066, 2008.
- S. K. Parida, M. Acharya, G. C. Dash, and S. Panda, “MHD heat and mass transfer in a rotating system with periodic suction,” Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1139–1151, 2011.
- R. Rajeswari, B. Jothiram, and V. K. Nelson, “Chemical reaction, heat and mass transfer on nonlinear MHD boundary layer flow through a vertical porous surface in the presence of suction,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 3, no. 49-52, pp. 2469–2480, 2009.
- A. Mahdy, “Effect of chemical reaction and heat generation or absorption on double-diffusive convection from a vertical truncated cone in porous media with variable viscosity,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 548–554, 2010.
- D. Pal and B. Talukdar, “Perturbation analysis of unsteady magnetohydrodynamic convective heat and mass transfer in a boundary layer slip flow past a vertical permeable plate with thermal radiation and chemical reaction,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 1813–1830, 2010.
- O. D. Makinde and A. Ogulu, “The effect of thermal radiation on the heat and mass transfer flow of a variable viscosity fluid past a vertical porous plate permeated by a transverse magnetic field,” Chemical Engineering Communications, vol. 195, no. 12, pp. 1575–1584, 2008.
- O. D. Makinde, “MHD mixed-convection interaction with thermal radiation and nth order chemical reaction past a vertical porous plate embedded in a porous medium,” Chemical Engineering Communications, vol. 198, no. 4, pp. 590–608, 2011.
- A. Aziz, “A similarity solution for laminar thermal boundary layer over a flat plate with a convective surface boundary condition,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1064–1068, 2009.
- P. O. Olanrewaju, O. T. Arulogun, and K. Adebimpe, “Internal heat generation effect on thermal boundary layer with a convective surface boundary condition,” American Journal of Fluid Dynamics, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 2012.
- O. D. Makinde, “On MHD heat and mass transfer over a moving vertical plate with a convective surface boundary condition,” Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 88, no. 6, pp. 983–990, 2010.
- O. D. Makinde, “Similarity solution of hydromagnetic heat and mass transfer over a vertical plate with a convective surface boundary condition,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 700–710, 2010.
- O. D. Makinde, “Similarity solution for natural convection from a moving vertical plate with internal heat generation and a convective boundary condition,” Thermal Science, vol. 15, supplement 1, pp. S137–S143, 2011.
- K. Gangadhar, N. B. Reddy, and P. K. Kameswaran, “Similarity solution of hydromagnetic heat and mass transfer over a vertical plate with convective surface boundary condition and chemical reaction,” International Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 298–307, 2012.
- N.F.M. Noor, S. Abbabandy, and I. Hasim, “Heat and Mass Transfer of thermophoretic MHD flow over an inclined radiate isothermal permeable surface in presence of heat source /sink,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 2122–2128, 2012.
- V. Bisht, M. Kumar, and Z. Uddin, “Effect of variable thermal conductivity and chemical reaction on steady mixed convection boundary layer flow with heat and mass transfer inside a cone due to a point,” Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 59–63, 2011.
- A. A. Bakr, “Effects of chemical reaction on MHD free convection and mass transfer flow of a micropolar fluid with oscillatory plate velocity and constant heat source in a rotating frame of reference,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 698–710, 2011.