- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 310273, 4 pages
Flow Reversal of Fully Developed Mixed Convection in a Vertical Channel with Chemical Reaction
1School of Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
2Solar Energy Research Institute, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
3Mathematics Sciences, UIN Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau, Panam, Pekanbaru 28293, Indonesia
Received 12 March 2013; Accepted 21 April 2013
Academic Editor: Donald L. Feke
Copyright © 2013 Habibis Saleh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. N. Tao, “On combined free and forced convection in channels,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 82, pp. 233–238, 1960.
- S. Habchi and S. Acharya, “Laminar mixed convection in a symmetrically or asymmetrically heated vertical channel,” Numerical Heat Transfer A, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 605–618, 1986.
- W. Aung and G. Worku, “Theory of fully developed, combined convection including flow reversal,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 108, pp. 299–304, 1986.
- C. H. Cheng, H. S. Kou, and W. H. Huang, “Flow reversal and heat transfer of fully developed mixed convection in vertical channels,” Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 375–383, 1990.
- I. Pop, T. Grosan, and R. Cornelia, “Effect of heat generated by an exothermic reaction on the fully developed mixed convection flow in a vertical channel,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 471–474, 2010.
- E. M. Sparrow, G. M. Chrysler, and L. F. Azevedo, “Observed flow reversals and measuredpredicted nusselt numbers for natural convection in a one-sided heated vertical channel,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 325–332, 1984.
- M. M. S. El-Din, “Fully developed forced convection in a vertical channel with combined buoyancy forces,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 239–248, 1992.
- A. J. Chamkha, “On laminar hydromagnetic mixed convection flow in a vertical channel with symmetric and asymmetric wall heating conditions,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 2509–2525, 2002.
- A. J. Chamkha, T. Groşan, and I. Pop, “Fully developed mixed convection of a micropolar fluid in a vertical channel,” International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 251–263, 2003.
- T. Grosan, R. Pop, and I. Pop, “Thermophoretic deposition of particles in fully developed mixed convection flow in a parallel-plate vertical channel,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 503–509, 2009.
- E. Magyari, “Thermophoretic deposition of particles in fully developed mixed convection flow in a parallel-plate vertical channel: the full analytical solution,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 1473–1482, 2009.
- A. Barletta, “Laminar mixed convection with viscous dissipation in a vertical channel,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 41, no. 22, pp. 3501–3513, 1998.