- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 393467, 5 pages
The Application of a Surface Response Methodology in the Solar/UV-Induced Degradation of Dairy Wastewater Using Immobilized ZnO as a Semiconductor
1Department of Chemical Engineering, Engineering School of Lorena, University of Sao Paulo (USP), Estrada Municipal do Campinho, s/n°, Bairro do Campinho, 126020-810 Lorena, SP, Brazil
2Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA), One UTSA Circle, San Antonio, TX 78249, USA
3Departament of Production Engineering, Sao Paulo State University (UNESP), 12516-410 Guaratingueta, SP, Brazil
Received 30 May 2013; Accepted 15 August 2013
Academic Editor: Antonia Pérez de los Ríos
Copyright © 2013 Gisella R. Lamas Samanamud et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Khodja, T. Sehili, J.-F. Pilichowski, and P. Boule, “Photocatalytic degradation of 2-phenylphenol on TiO2 and ZnO in aqueous suspensions,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 141, no. 2-3, pp. 231–239, 2001.
- N. Daneshvar, D. Salari, and A. R. Khataee, “Photocatalytic degradation of azo dye acid red 14 in water on ZnO as an alternative catalyst to TiO2,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 162, no. 2-3, pp. 317–322, 2004.
- M. A. Behnajady, N. Modirshahla, and R. Hamzavi, “Kinetic study on photocatalytic degradation of C.I. Acid Yellow 23 by ZnO photocatalyst,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 133, no. 1–3, pp. 226–232, 2006.
- R. E. Bruns, I. S. Scarminio, and B. B. Neto, Como Fazer Experimentos, Editora Unicampo, Campinas, Brazil, 2003.
- B. Sarkar, P. P. Chakrabarti, A. Vijaykumar, and V. Kale, “Wastewater treatment in dairy industries—possibility of reuse,” Desalination, vol. 195, no. 1–3, pp. 141–152, 2006.
- S. Göblös, P. Portöro, D. Bordás, M. Kálmán, and I. Kiss, “Comparison of the effectivities of two-phase and single-phase anaerobic sequencing batch reactors during dairy wastewater treatment,” Renewable Energy, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 960–965, 2008.
- W. Janczukowicz, M. Zieliński, and M. Debowski, “Biodegradability evaluation of dairy effluents originated in selected sections of dairy production,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 99, no. 10, pp. 4199–4205, 2008.
- J. S. Carrocci, R. Y. Mori, O. L. C. Guimaraes et al., “Application of heterogenous catalysis with TiO2 photo irradiated by sunlight and latter activated sludge system for the reduction of vinasse organic load,” Engineering, vol. 4, pp. 746–760, 2012.
- K. S. Choi, Band Gap Tuning of Zinc Oxide Films For Solar Energy Conversion, A CASPiE Module, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind, USA, 2007, http://papadantonakis.com/images/9/91/Band_Gap_Module.pdf.
- G. R. L. Samanamud, C. C. A. Loures, A. L. Souza et al., “Heterogeneous photocatalytic degradation of dairy wastewater using immobilized ZnO,” ISRN Chemical Engineering, vol. 2012, pp. 1–8, 2012.
- N. Daneshvar, M. H. Rasoulifard, A. R. Khataee, and F. Hosseinzadeh, “Removal of C.I. Acid Orange 7 from aqueous solution by UV irradiation in the presence of ZnO nanopowder,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 143, no. 1-2, pp. 95–101, 2007.
- S. Malato, J. Blanco, D. C. Alarcón, M. I. Maldonado, P. Fernández-Ibáñez, and W. Gernjak, “Photocatalytic decontamination and disinfection of water with solar collectors,” Catalysis Today, vol. 122, no. 1-2, pp. 137–149, 2007.
- R. F. S. Salazar, J. S. Carrocci, and H. J. I. Filho, “Employment of factorial design to evaluate the organic loading and aeration of biological systems in the degradation of dairy wastewater,” Ambiente & Água, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 98–109, 2011.